Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

sirens

(1/1)

teabing:
I've heard people tossing around ideas about "siege adrenalin" that prevents military dwarves from going to sleep right when a siege starts.  I understand the need for something similar, but having your military instantly be aware of the siege and wake up because of it?  That's not too realistic.What I suggest is a siren, made in a forge out of metal, that can be set up as furniture.  From there, your friendly neighborhood mechanic can hook it up to a lever and/or pressure plate.  If the siren activates, all sleeping dwarves within a certain radius (perhaps affected by siren quality?) are instantly awoken, will not go to sleep within the siren radius, and possibly even wait until "very hungry" or "very thirsty" until they stop to get food or water.Of course, those loud hunks of metal are as annoying as hell.  Hearing a would make dwarves unhappy, along with whatever ill side-effects that come from lack of sleep, hunger, or thirst that come with it.
just an idea I felt like posting

Capntastic:
As well as many other people in many other threads.Why does no one ever read threads?   :(

Grek:
At first I thought you meant a singing woman. Then I figured out you ment a loud noise making thing. Either way, waking dwarfs up is a good idea.EDIT: Toady reads these, but replying to them would take up a lot of time.[ March 07, 2007: Message edited by: Grek ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version