Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 54146 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!
« Reply #690 on: January 07, 2010, 04:56:25 pm »

Spoiler: Duel 3 Side Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 3 Combat Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 4 Side Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 4 Combat Details (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 07, 2010, 04:57:03 pm »

Congratulations to the Cabal. They truly deserved this victory!
And Jim truly truly deserves his.  I was really hoping we'd see cabal backstabbing ;).

Edit - I dunno about 4 scum in a 14p game.  Since the town can't lynch, which puts them at lylo a lot earlier, it probably gave the scum an advantage.
Yeah, 4 was a bit much.

Yeah, I should make my script round down instead of up, I think.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 07, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »

Spoiler: Duel 5 Side Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 5 Combat Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 6 Combat Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 7 Combat Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 8 Side Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 8 Combat Details (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #693 on: January 07, 2010, 05:02:24 pm »

Congratulations on your ascension Jim.  That's how the cabal should do things!  (Just like blowing the heck out of my final opponent in Wizard Duel #1 as the Cabal Archmage :P)

Part of the problem was poor scum hunting on the part of the tower, but having 4 scum also means that they (most likely) have 4 power roles.  That can perhaps be a little overpowerful methinks.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 07, 2010, 05:11:42 pm »

Congratulations on your ascension Jim.  That's how the cabal should do things!  (Just like blowing the heck out of my final opponent in Wizard Duel #1 as the Cabal Archmage :P)

Part of the problem was poor scum hunting on the part of the tower, but having 4 scum also means that they (most likely) have 4 power roles.  That can perhaps be a little overpowerful methinks.

Yeah, the extra power helped a bit. Although I don't think Frelock ever used his boosted Healing assist on anyone, so I'm not sure how much of a difference it really made. Mostly it was the fact that the town didn't get a Cabal mage into the ring at all until it was far too late for them to win in a normal mafia game.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

Thank you, thank you.

It is with great honor that I accept this title of High Mage. While the interference of the Cabal in the tournament is troubling, their efforts were ultimately fruitless.

Thus begins a new era for all wizards and mages!

That was a fun game.

We as the Cabal had a nullifier, a subtle mage, and an enchanter on our team, so we were pretty well equipped to screw around with the duels as much as possible. Too bad that more often than not the duels didn't go the way we wanted them to.

I'm glad I didn't disappoint the Healing Ward with the Cabal backstabbing. My plan was pretty fragile, though. If anybody asked me why PrinnyBaal was still alive, I doubt I would've been able to fool anybody, and my teammates probably would've had me eliminated as retribution or something. But everybody just went and did exactly what I needed them to. It was eery how well it worked.

So, thanks everybody for not digging deeper into why PrinnyBaal wouldn't die. It made my win possible.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 07, 2010, 07:00:21 pm »

Comon, even I worked it out :P.

Actually, I thought you guys had had a dispute backstage and couldn't agree on a kill to make.  Or something like that.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 08, 2010, 07:10:07 am »

only one towny mate. How could we have a dispute?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 08, 2010, 09:51:11 am »

Gj everyone+meph.Good game.

Mafia:Why not kill me once I claimed? Try to get everyone to kill me as they thought me Mafia?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 08, 2010, 10:21:40 am »

That was the idea, yes. One of the reason's why we kept blocking you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 08, 2010, 12:32:53 pm »

only one towny mate. How could we have a dispute?
Before then.  I thought you had all realised that someone was trying to backstab you and thus couldn't come to an agreement.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 08, 2010, 02:31:27 pm »

Nope. No dispute. The extent of the discussion about why the kill didn't happen was in this thread.

I guess the thought that one of the Cabal was planning to betray the rest of the Cabal never quite crossed their mind, or they didn't care enough to wonder. Probably a little of both.

Mafia:Why not kill me once I claimed? Try to get everyone to kill me as they thought me Mafia?

But why kill you when we can make you look suspicious by preventing you from getting results? We did get two Tower wizards to vote for you as scum, so it worked.

If we didn't have a roleblocker, you probably would've been dead. And the Guardian wouldn't have protected you, because that was rickvoid and he had dropped off the face of the earth by the time you claimed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 08, 2010, 09:30:53 pm »

Yea, and the fact that I didn't send meph a PM to kill Prinny in dual 6 is probably what really allowed you to win, Jim.  I need to be more careful with those things.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 09, 2010, 05:27:54 pm »

This is a really creative take on Mafia! Tell me there will be a Round 4... I want to get in on this something fierce.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 19, 2010, 02:46:58 pm »

The non-mafia Wizard Duel Tournament has been started up in Forum Games and is in sign-up.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]