Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Orderly cat..

<< < (2/5) > >>

Amalgam:
The cats in my forts seem to LOVE raiding the food stockpile whenever it fills up with vermin. On one hand this is very useful for protecting the food, on the other hand it leaves a bunch of rotten remains stinking up the food stockpile.

Danjen:

--- Quote from: Astramancer on December 20, 2009, 10:46:37 am ---I find it's easier to just move him to a different craftsdwarf workshop then hope one of my idiot haulers figures out that a cockroach corpse is higher priority than clearing stone marked for dumping.  The door contains the miasma, and I lock it to keep haulers from going in and getting the crafts./quote]Wouldn't it just be easier to just make the doors pet unpassable?
--- End quote ---

Skorpion:

--- Quote from: Danjen on December 21, 2009, 12:14:10 am ---
--- Quote from: Astramancer on December 20, 2009, 10:46:37 am ---I find it's easier to just move him to a different craftsdwarf workshop then hope one of my idiot haulers figures out that a cockroach corpse is higher priority than clearing stone marked for dumping.  The door contains the miasma, and I lock it to keep haulers from going in and getting the crafts.
--- End quote ---
Wouldn't it just be easier to just make the doors pet unpassable?

--- End quote ---

Nope. They follow dwarves through regardless.

Grimlocke:
Heh well, real cats do that too. Mine once spend a night killing 5 mice, and depositing them on the carpet. Damn nasty look in the morning, carpet full of corses.

I usualy dont much care for miasma in DF though, I find it much easier to just add another *<<*Native platinum statue*>>* than to have the half dozen mostly idle hauler dwaves it takes to clean it all up.

Skorpion:
I just have to manually dump-tag remains, because otherwise dwarves go wandering 'cross hill and dale to the chasm to stockpile whatever the tree-dwelling cave spiders kill.

Luckily, the goblins took care of one cat for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version