Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Most Gruesome Death I Have Personally Witnessed.

(1/6) > >>

Lorak:
I think the screenshots speak for themselves...  (It's all one big image, cause I'm lazy.  Hopefully it'll show up on here.  =-x)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4360/huntermaul.png Is direct link in case it doesn't show up.

For the back story...  I had just survived a goblin siege, losing only one dwarf, and injuring one dwarf.  I also found out shortly afterwards that another dwarf had somehow lost both his eyes, but was otherwise uninjured.  I had always heard stories of double eye pokings, but this is the first it's happened to me.  XD  Anyway, just as I was getting done celebrating my victory I get this message:

"Urvad Muzishudil, Hunter cancels Hunt: Unconscious."

I quickly paused the game and zoomed in on Urvad to see what was up.  A Giant Bat... doesn't sound that nasty, really.  I checked his wounds and I was pretty shocked to find that the only body parts he still had were his lower body, his upper body (which was badly mangled) and his head.  Then he had over three pages of dismemberments.  And somehow... he was still alive.  (Though not for long)

I looked around on the ground and managed to find all but one of his limbs... the fourth I found still in the bat's mouth.

Anyway, just wanted to share this as it was honestly the first time I've seen a quadruple dismemberment like that.  XD  Reminds me of the black knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Vicid:
A farmer who I had been slowly taking apart with an iron whip once punched my head into an unrecognisable mass in adventure mode.

Foa:
Vicid, that is very similar but, what is this guy going to do?
Vomit his dismembered bodies?
Bleed on you?

Remalle:
It's only a flesh wound.

darkflagrance:
Once I attempted to take on a size 140 firebreath hydra with a reclaim team of 70 dwarves.

In the middle of the melee, I noticed a soldier lying on the ground in a pile of blood, vomit, corpses, and chunks of torn dwarven flesh. I checked her wounds, and found that she was missing all her limbs, one eye, and one lung, while also possessing a slew of internal organ injuries. Surprisingly, the hydra ignored her afterwards and tore apart the rest of my army, and then left her lying in the entrance while it flew up to the unfinished cathedral. I was forced to abandon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version