Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I don't believe in you, so stop striking me with lightning  (Read 2916 times)

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I don't believe in you, so stop striking me with lightning
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:55:30 am »

And now, for something completely different :

The Dungeon Master Nomal Mörulnakuth has arrived  at the town Idashasob, « Moistenedboard ».

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A co-immigrant recall the speech of the dungeon master when they first come to that fortress :

« Anydwarf can understand that at first glance : This Noble is a loony. Almost everyone hate him for some reason but I still like him. I'm sure he's more knowledgeable than he looks. And there's this other thing too...

It was a warm and sunny day when we finally hit this place, well a little too sunny if you ask me. We were all following this guy when he suddenly came to a halt. He turned to face us, his whole body covered only by a cloak and some mittens, pretty disturbing but what could we do about it ?

He said something like that : 'I'm the only one here who's not blind, so listen me very carefully. I can see the truth behind the truth above the reality -also, I can and will comment any screenshot at will- but you cannot. I had heard the stories of other fortresses and know too well how this is likely to end, but you have no idea. And I'm also the dwarf that is more likely to find the holy punching-ball, but you don't care – and me neither. The community has taken care of this place in the past and it seems to be a nice place indeed. But now they absolutely positively need me, and so do you. So listen carefully to me if you want to enjoy yourself in spite of this harsh life.'...or maybe it was something completely different, I'm not sure.

But what happened just seconds after this boring speech, nodwarf could forget. His attitude seemed different. His eyes, previously too cheerful, after seemed to burn with some perverse passion. Seconds ago you could say that him naked was funny, seconds after it was almost the scariest sight I'v ever seen in my entire life. And his voice...by the name of od...his grave, heavy, frighteful voice had nothing to do with the one we all just listened seconds ago.

'THOU SHALT NOT FEAR ME
THOU SHALT NOT PRAISE ME
THOU SHALT NOT DESPISE ME
BECAUSE I AM THE ONE WHO HAS REBORN AND HAS YET TO REBORN WHEN THE TIME WILL COME
BECAUSE I AM THE ONE WHO WILL EMBODIES THIS FORTRESSES WILL
LISTEN ME MORTAL
THE TIME WHEN THE UNFORGIVING FATE WILL BE FOREVER DEFEATED HIS NIGH
I AM THE ONE WHO HAS REBORN AND HAS YET TO REBORN AGAIN
SO THOU SHALT NOT DESPISE ME
SO THOU SHALT NOT PRAISE ME
SO THOU SHALT NOT FEAR ME'

And then it was gone, as fast as it came. We were all dumbfounded, with the exception of the babies who strangely seemed very amused. The frightful silhouette had become pitiful. The Dungeon Master has recovered his old voice and it sounded ridiculously angry :
'I don't believe in you, so stop striking me with lightning-fast divine enlightenment ! Look at what you have done stupid pseudo god ! They were all ready to follow my generous and pragmatic plan but you had to trhow in some weird mysticism. Gaaaaaaaaaah, i'm sulking now, naaaah !'
Answering this ... tantrum -maybe ?- all the babies began to laugh in a way only babies can laugh. I was the one who broke the silence, I asked -maybe I should'nt had- : 'What in od name was that ?'
He turned his gaze toward me, still sulking and said : 'It's very easy, you have to not believe any word that I say'  »

Narrator, Hint n°1 :
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:30:20 am by Lauro »

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I don't believe in you, so stop striking me with lightning
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 08:34:47 am »

Well the first thing that comes to mind is that Anonymous has found it's way here.

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 09:59:36 am »

CHAPTER 1

Rumours spread in the meeting hall

« You remember that mason that was « secretly » working on a project some time ago ?
-Yeah, he claimed a mason's workshop for himself. I don't see why he really needed that but well...
-He became stark raving mad ! And you know what, we found those picture of stacked clothes, like he wanted cloth really hard.
-But I don't understand, we have plenty of cloth.
-Yeah, although it's only plant fibre cloth...
-Don't tell me that...
-Hey can I join your conversation ?
-No, stop slacking off and go back to work !
-And what about you ?
-We don't work we train, we are marksdwarf the pride of this fortress !
-Yeah...sure...believe whatever you want... »

Here come again our previous narrator :

« Where was I ?...Ah yes, I remember now. This was just after the weird speech. We started to move again toward our destination. There was still a weird feeling in the air but it was almost nothing. Well that was, how I felt, but it was not how everyone felt. The animal caretaker who was with us, seemed to have taken thos previous words a little too seriously. He enter what I believe to be a fey mood. Anyway at this point, he was just still following the same path we all followed.

The Dungeon Master never spoke directly to me. If I wanted to know more about this weirdo, I had to listen without him noticing me. Apparently he was already making plan for his residence. He was saying something like « I don't trust the miners, I better give them this plan of mine ». Here look, it was this plan that he dumped awhile ago :

We came across the main entrance and he seemed really pleased.

He exclaimed his glee cvry loudly, but... « Aaaaaaaaaaah, it feels so good to see some simple yet effective desig- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ?!? »

He grabbed a random dwarven resident and shout :

-Can you explain me why there is a hole in your defence ?
-There's an item blocking the building.
-Well, just dump it !
-Why would I want to take this ? It's 'narrow'. Take It yourself weirdo !
-No way ! It's 'narrow' !
He released his grip, the poor dwarf make an angry expression and said, I'm the Janitor here, and I won't forget you, before returning to work.
-We will have to do something about that, but for now, let's seek the meeting hall !

So, we all headed toward here at the exception of the Animal Caretaker. What was his name ? Zangu, Zaneg...hmmm something like that...Anyway...He claimed a craftdwarf'shop instead. He didn't even try speaking to anyone, he just directly make something like that.

-By the way, narrator...
-Hey, I have a name you know ?
-Yeah, whatever...this remind me of one of our mason. He died of thirst just a while ago after claiming another workshop...
-Really ? That's some coincidence !
-Why ? This animal carething died too ?
-I better resume my telling...

As I said. He claimed the workshop over there. He brought a rock from the mayor's room and after that he keep asking for silk cloth. Apparently there isn't a single silk cloth in this place, only plant fiber cloth. Some time after he became melancholic. He stayed in here, right at this spot, without even saying anything and without anyone -except me- noticing. He eventually died right a the same spot where he stood. People walked over his corpse ignoring him completely. I felt bad so I took his corpse and buried him in one of the available coffins.

Never known bye anyone, and never achieved anything, I can bet his rest is all but peaceful.
-Heh, that's what you get when you try to act cool all by yourself. LOSER !
-Please, don't be so harsh on him...anyway, this was just before we heard about the human caravan being ambushed by goblins...

While #the Mysterious Narrator# was trying to resume his story, a Dwarf with a very feminine beard entered and call him,

-Honey, it's time to sleep. You won't leave me alone, would you ?
-Sorry guys, I have to go. Maybe next time.

Narrator Hint n°2 :

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:33:50 am by Lauro »

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 05:46:42 pm »

I'm enjoying this so far. ;D

Keep the updates coming.  ;)
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 07:40:09 pm »

Well the first thing that comes to mind is that Anonymous has found it's way here.

Please Please Please Please Please never, ever, ever, ever say that. This is one of the only safe havens from /b/tards on the internet.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 03:46:55 pm »

Chapter 2

This fortress has a Janitor. She is tall for a dwarf, has almost no beard, has black-grey hair, eyes reflecting madness, and is a dabbling comedian.

As soon as she enters the meeting room, the narrator catch her and begin a conversation.

-Hi 'HiddenBrainwound' !
-Hi Boss, what's up ?
-I was going to explain the story of this town's military to my listener but you'll probably explain it better than me.
-You're totally right Boss. I am the #only real soldier# down here ! Therefore I know better than anyone how we kick ass here, ya 'hear me ?

First thing first. The war is always a tragic event. We had a very good Leader, we all loved him and he was the first champion here. His name was Kogan Alathgim. And thanks to him we all became champion wrestlers !

-Except yourself.
-Don't interrupt me ! You asked me to tell the glorious story of this place and I do it.
-But...
-Hey, if you want to do it yourself... do it !
-Oh, that's okay sorry...(Did I mention she is a dabbling comedian ?)
-Yes, I pardon you. In all my epic mightiness and mercifulness I pardon your insolent comment.

As I was saying, war is tragic. When the first goblins came to ambush us, Kogan went first to get them. And all alone he managed to kill two goblins ambushers – and an unucky kobold thief – before being killed. An unknown champion became the new leader, thus gaining the alias 'expendable' and lead us to our vengeance. Then we took personally care of all the other ambushers.

-You never killed anybody.
-Hey ! You come with that again ? You want to taste my legendary fist of death blessed by the gods themselves and a random cat ?
-No, no... I'm sorry...continue...
-Good. That's more like it.

After this bitter-sweet victory, the other dwarves said that I had swapped places with a pump operator. They gave me the alias 'HiddenBrainwound' and gave him the 'BrainwoundRumored' alias. Then they kick me out of the military and gave me the ultimate job of janitor. And even in this position I, and I alone, guide the soldiers too victory thanks to my ultimate mental powers.

I hope you'll learned my lesson, now I have cleaning to do.
-Bye 'HiddenBrainwound'.
-Bye Boss.

Now that she is gone let me explain some points. At the very beginning of the first of the military trainings, 'HiddenBrainwound' got hit in the neck and the brain. Rumors say she tumbled and got hit by the corner of one of the barrack's beds. When the community noticed she'll never do any progress, they wanted to gave her a broom and the janitor status. Nevertheless she managed to frame the ex-pump operator who had never had to do with anything. This remained this way until the first ambush.

Talking of ambushes, yesterday I mentioned a human caravan being ambushed.

The goblins managed to kill a few humans and animals. The human soldier then managed to kill every ambushers, only to run away. There were still humans who entered the territory but they turned back Immediately. The humans have all left this place leaving some goods on the ground. So we went and began to take some inside.

-Was there some silk ?
-I don't think so...and why would we need any silk ? We already have plenty of plant fibre cloth !
-Yeah...I guess you're right.

It felt really weird to take all that without even trading. But there wasn't a single human left, so why bother ?

Narrator hint 3 : Sorry this chapter does not help at all for that.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:35:33 am by Lauro »

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 03:59:02 pm »

Enjoying this, hope there's more when I wake up :3
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 04:18:33 pm »

Just writing to get it on my topic list, because it's good!

And 'HiddenBrainWound' is awesome name :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 01:11:44 pm »

Chapter 3

The narrator is still not here in the meeting room, he will come very soon. Meanwhile let's take a look of the agriculture of this town. There are 5 underground farm plot and only two are irrigated. In the surface there is two other plot, if you were really really extremely watchful maybe you already spotted the two surface crops.

The irrigation come from a very sinuous tunnel who had no other function than to correct the first global psychology crisis. Ah ! Here comes the narrator.

« Hello everyone today we will speak about politics and domestic issue. By the way, did you hear any voice coming from nowhere trying to introduce something ?
-Nope, not me.
-Me neither, why ?
-Oh that's nothing never mind.

As you may be aware, our actual mayor is also our broker. He is officially a legendary stonecrafter but has also many other useless - I mean - impressive skills.

The nickname 'nostalgia' come from the first individual psychology crisis. It happened when we weren't here already, when there was only seven dwarves. On of them was a reckless hunter. He was a very good friend of the official broker – who was only broker at that time, the expedition leader was a miner. This hunter learned the hard way that cougars are slightly stronger than groundhog when he was torn in half. He died shortly after learning this precious lesson. The broker was very unhappy because of that. Yes friends are precious.  Also, he was a very good stonecrafter, he had already made various masterpieces, selling some to the traders and preciously keeping other. Until some rhesus macaque came and stole two of them. He was then really miserable and was given the nickname 'nostalgia'. Apparently, there are some things that are even more precious than friends. He eventually began to feel better some time after all these tragic events.

Maybe because of that he is one of the swapping mayors. The other one was the original expedition leader. He also tried to appease 'nostalgia' without success but resolved, with another miner, the first global psychology crisis.

-Ah, yeah I remember this ! The civilians are really pansies. Ha Ha Ha !
-And who do you think you are for talking like this ?
-I'm the champion 'Expendable' and here is my second 'BrainwoundRumored'

-And together we could crush your head back to dust.
-Oh, of course, I remember now. Please forgive my rudeness.
-Naaah, it's okay. We LIKE conflict. Like a Centaur and a Dragon fighting to death. Hey 'expendable' do you remember when we last talked about that ? Wasn't it just before the first global psychology crisis ?
-Hmmmm, not really, could you be more concise.
-We were arguing about that, if a Centaur could take down a carp and a Dragon could'nt, would that make a Centaur stronger than a Dragon ?
-Men, I said more concise ! We talked about that everyday since we came here !
-But this time we had 'handicap'.
-Ah yes I remember, this was fun, I really liked 'handicap' too.
-Sir soldiers...what is this 'handicap' thing.
-It's when you fight some ambushers, and there are arrows flying form everywhere, from goblin crossbowmen and our marksdwarves.
-So you have to dodge -hit- parry – dodge- dodge- hit- roll over- hit – dodge – hit – slain – jump and the rest while you are arguing about what is stronger between a Centaur and a Dragon.
-Oh...I...see...yes.
-And when we were done, we figured that somehow, we send flying a goblin wrestler at the end of the channel and that somehow he was still alive but paralysed.

-Yes that was the cause of the first global psychology crisis.

Narrator hint 4 :
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:40:13 am by Lauro »

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 06:28:52 pm »

Great stuff!
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 12:49:08 pm »

Chapter 4

-The Goblin Wrestler would scare away any dwarf. There was such a mess.
-Couldn't the Marksdwarves shot them or something ?
-Well, if they were really useful they weren't much a 'handicap', would they ?
-Uh...Yeah...I don't understand the logic but yeah.
-So, the plan was to make an underground tunnel under the goblin with a cage trap at the end. The miners didn't really know what they were doing. But, you know the miners motto, don't you ?
-Yeah : « Problems are like walls, if you want to get through them you have to take your pick and hit them with all your might ».
-Well, that's what they've done when a goblin came falling from above pushed recklessly by water. The cage was pretty useless then. For a moment two miners were trapped in these tunnels. They decided to dig more and finally succeed in escaping from the water. Although it was still slowly flooding, the other dwarves came to rescue them and installed a floodgate in no time.
-So that's the story behind the tunnels we all call 'The Simplest Solution'.

Suddenly, panic stroke the fortress. Everydwarf was rushing inside, pushing everything in the meantime. The meeting room was then quiet, the time for talking had ended. The Dungeon Master came and screamed at the two champions :
-What are you doing ? Come on let's go outside, defend us !

The soldiers were on duty. Inside the ambient was still but filled with angst. Barely anydwarf was breathing. Time passed by slowly. Some braver than others resume their work. Some time later, the champions came back.

-So, the siege has ended ?
-Uh ? What siege ?...Ah wait ! Well there was hardly much resistance, in fact it was boring without 'handicap'. The goblins were far away, they didn't really seem to attack us. In fact...whoa ! Look at that !
-At what ?!?
-The engravers already seem to know what happened just, look at that !

-So, no one will attack us ?
-Nope, no one.
-Okay ! So let's get back to work !...we were talking about...uh...where is the narrator ?
-Hmmm, he must have gone when everything else was still.
-Who will tell us exciting stories ?
-Well I have an exciting story about your #narrator# !
-What is it, and who are you ?
-I am Aban Coglorbam, Town Manager, Hoard Master and one of the two miners you were referring before the siege. What I have to tell you is that, there is no and never was anydwarf known as #the narrator#.
-It's a joke ?...right ?
-I'm afraid it isn't, I'm a legendary record keeper after all.
-But there was this guy, he was telling us all that...
-Can you describe more precisely, this guy ?
-Well uh, we don't know much about him. Ah wait, he seemed to be engaged with someone named Bim Tradesalve.
-Oh, this will be easy then, we just have to ask her...
-Wait, there is something else ! I remember now, he was worshipping a god named...od, weird name...

The Record Keeper was making a very dark face.

-What is it, mister ? You know this od, god ?
-Well, referring to the archives...

-It's not only weird, it's fucking creepy ! But he didn't seemed like a bad guy. Always so cheerful...

A panicked dwarf entered the meeting room breathing heavily.

-The...Pu...No...Disappeared...gone...no...gone !
-Calm down a little. Okay now, take you're time and say what you have to say.
-Someone disappeared ! It was a...pump operator ! There is no...there is no corpse...nowhere !

Subtly, the panic began to spread again, but this time it was more subtle and deep.

-Now, I really have a bad feeling about this.
-You know what's worse ?
-What ?
-You remember when this #narrator# came ?
-Yeah, why ?
-It didn't' seemed strange to you, that he know so much about the time BEFORE he came here ?
-Now that you mention that...and also we never had any siege before.
-Wait, wait, there is no need to be hasty now...
-And also the fact that he 'took care to bury' somedwarf nobody seemed to knew.
-It's not a bad feeling, now you are really giving me the creep.

Narrator hint n°5 :
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:42:06 am by Lauro »

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 12:27:11 pm »

Chapter 5
Today, the Dungeon Master  Nomal Mörulnakuth awaken from a terrible nightmare. Tears are pouring from both his eyes. His breathing is irregular. He take a look at his beautiful bedroom. It's very relaxing indeed. He manage to get out of bed, leaving the awful nightmare behind. But his eyes then catch a glimpse of a note. On this note there are listed 13 fellow dwarves.

Bim Olonzes
Melbil Odurerith
Udib Ustuhidek
Ustuh Abanigul
Minkot Lolordeg
Alath Ilrasalvot
Kel Oslanroldeth
Tulon Rimtarbufut
Erush Ekzongiral
Sodel Giginkubuk
Ingiz Artobiden
Datan Erithsheng
Onul Godenasdug

Then he remembers his nightmare and begin to cry again.

From the dwarves who were talking earlier in the meeting room, most have cast aside those ridiculous rumours and resumed they everyday lives. But there were some who still wanted to know more. Those were split in two groups. One of them will investigate on the pump operator disappearance while the other would try to gather more information on the #narrator#, notably by talking to his wife.

The latter was leaded by the Hoard Master. Their first issue was that 'tradesalve' was only a nickname. They had to go through the archives, looking at every 'Bim' to find the true name. They weren't many 'Bim' so it wasn't that long.

-Here, I found her file. She is Bim Nishibrek, 'Bim Tradesalve'. She is...wait, was a hunter.
-What happened ?
-There's not many detail about her death.
-Oh...you think it's #him# ?

The legendary record keeper, tried to calm the situation down by talking louder than everydwarf :

-Stop making absurd rumours ! She probably died in a hunting accident. It's very common, there are various other hunters who suffered from the same fate.
-No need to shout mister. Lead us to her grave instead.
-What have you in mind ?!?
-It's just to be sure...

Meanwhile, the other group was investigating the only screw pump of this fortress.

-Do you see anything out of the ordinary ?
-Apart from the wall that seem to incorporate various 'narrow' items, no, nothing.
-Actually what we saw on the way here was really extraordinary.
-You mean the Dungeon Master ?
-Yeah, hugging some random dwarves while crying and all still almost naked.
-I wonder why he always wanders naked.
-In fact he already answered that. It was something like 'because I'm beautiful'.
-Well, do not mind him too much he's just a loony.
-There's nothing here let'-
-Guys ! Guys ! I found something !
-What ?
-Look, here just right here, the water seems to lower a bit just at one point.
-Maybe we should look closer...ack-gah...It's really here ! It's the corpse we found it and it's disgusting !

-We're all going to die, it's the end. Nyaaaaaah.
-Stop it now...thank you. There must be a simple and logical explanation for that.
-If you say so...
-Go on, I'm listening too.
-Well, we all agreed that he had drowned, right ?
-Yeah...
-And there is this screw pump right there. So it was probably just a flooding accident.
-That makes sense.
-But now it brings another question, why the hell there is a screw pump right here ?
-Maybe for the farm where we're standing...
-Probably...maybe the farmers will know a bit more.
-Yeah sure let's ask all of them. In case you don't know there are 19 of them !

-Talking to all of them will lead us nowhere, and only make ourselves suspicious.
-I know someone who may know about this farm and about #the narrator# too...
-Who's that ?
-The Janitor, 'HiddenBrainwound' !

Back to the group leaded by the Hoard Master. After searching in various abandoned mined exploration tunnel, they finally found the graveyard.

-Did you see that ? The Dungeon Master just jumped from nowhere to hug me and then ran away !
-That sure is weird, but let's focus about our inspection.
-It must be this tomb.
-Okay leave it to me. I'll manipulate the corpse.
-What are you ? Some necromancer or something ?
-No, nothing like that. I'm just an animal dissector. I'm almost used to manipulate animals corpse.
-It make even more disgusting that you were hugged by a naked man a while ago.
-Let's not talk about that again.
The animal dissector, Erush Ekzongiral , opened the tomb. He sighed heavily even before touching it.
-There are obviously various wound, most likely made by fangs and claws...I bet, a pack of wolf did this.
-So, in the end we learned nothing.
-Maybe, not nothing. If we think about it, maybe we just got carried away by otherwise meaningless coincidence.
-I'm still not convinced, but I think I'll just let it go.
-Yeah, get back to work...

The dwarves once again travel through the old tunnels. The Clerk and the animal dissector are still together.

-So what are you doing now, mister ?
-Well, I'll try to catch with the other group and see how they are doing, and that they don't try too much to believe every rumour. And you, were are you going ? The workshops are not in this direction.
-Hmmm, it's a S-E-C-R-E-T.

The secret in question is written on a little piece of paper. After Erush Ekzongiral got hugged by the Dungeon Master Nomal Mörulnakuth, he had this little message in his left hand. Obviously, nobody else should know about it.

First of all, keep this a secret.
Be proud for you are one of the chosen ones.
You will receive goods far beyond dwarven imagination.
You room will be above the rooms of the mere common dwarves.
Food supplies will be available in endless quantity.
And there are more surprises for you.
Come to receive what you deserve by following the stairs near the outside crops.
You can't miss your platform to the eternity.
And remember, not a word to anydwarf !

Right after he passed the door, two other dwarves came running trying to open the door...mysteriously locked. There seem to be a way in but no way out of here. Amongst the dwarves in there, there was two with the aura of champions. One of them, possibly a legendary wrestler, just said with a bored voice :

-So we're twelve here now.

Tonight, the Dungeon Master  Nomal Mörulnakuth go to sleep after a terrible day. Tears are not pouring any more from his now completely dry eyes. He seems to cough for every movement that he makes. He take a look at his beautiful bedroom. It's very isolated indeed. He manage to get in his bed, remembering this awful day. And then he scream like a fool :

« WHYYYYYYYY IS THIIIIS ? WHY NOBODY NOTICED THE OBVIOUS TRAP ? WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS ? You said that you would have to find another host, leaving me in a state between life a death ? OF COURSE I DON'T WANT THIS STATE ! I'm almost thankful you let me save the thirteen on the list. BUT IS THIS REALLY WANT YOU WANT ? JUST 'TAKE CARE OF EVERY PET OWNER' ? YOU, LITTLE BIRDO, ARE A COMPLETE MONSTER ! »

catsplosion, everybody dies

Narrator hint 6 :
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:44:38 am by Lauro »

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 02:19:26 pm »

Interlude

Sodel Giginkûbuk, « Sodel Flewlances », was never truly sad. When he was only three his father died. At the age of six his mother abandoned him in some street saying it was his fault his father died.
Almost starving he was saved by a dwarf who never spoke to anyone. Without saying a word, he made clear to Sodel that if he wanted to eat he had to do some 'homework'. He passed all his youth hauling stones for 'The Confident Blockade'. Never knowing the name of his mentor, he always worked without questoning others about what he was doing. He eventually began feeling of the masons who did pretty much the same job but were more praised for some reason. He even dreamed about studying architecture.

Then some day, when some work was done, he realized it was some kind of execution chamber for JUSTICE. Even knowing that he didn't felt guilty. Even when one of the prisoners turned his gaze on him and exclaimed 'Sodel ? Is that you ? I'm so proud of you ! Do you remember me ? I am your father, but I had to left home for some noble.' Sodel returned his gaze but didn't respond. 'It's okay if you're angry at me, I understand'. But then Sodel simply said 'I'm not angry'. Somehow the dwarf who was supposedly his already dead father seems relieved...It happened five minutes before his execution. It was a public execution, a lot of noble and other dwarves came here to enjoy the spectacle. Some official said that he didn't respect a production order about some electrum chests, so he had to die. Seeing the corpse of this dwarf, some very small tears slid down on his cheek. But Sodel Giginkûbuk never really felt sad.

Finally one day, some eccentric noble, a certain Nomal Mörulnakuth, came to see Sodel's mentor. He talked about following 'The Banners of Drilling' who was becoming larger in the fortress Idashasob. Like always the old mentor didn't said a word but simply looked a Sodel. The noble understood and make signs for Sodel to follow him. Sodel looked one last time at his mentor who silently agreed and then he was gone.

On the other hand Udib Ustuthidek, « Udib Fencebrain », was never truly happy.

She was the daughter of a prestigious noble of the 'Confident Blockade'. She always was well-dressed and cute. All the other dwarves wanted to play with her but she decided that she only could see each of them once. It was because she always enjoyed stealing others. Her parents always did anything to protect her. Because they could highly influence the community, many dwarves were framed for the misbehaviours of this cute little princess.

But one day, she suddenly decided 'I want to be a milker' ! Her parents almost simultaneously had a heart attack. After recovering from the shock, they tried to convince her no to abandon her prestigious status. But she would not hear any arguments.

She never directly told her parents but, some days ago. A very beautiful dwarf -for a dwarf anyway- that she mistook for a prince played with her. She was really having a lot of fun. Then he said that noble dwarves like her could never understand anything. She was really upset, she was the pride of everydwarf, they all sayed she was very clever and could understand anything very easily. So when some random lover – that wasn't even prince, mind you ! - said that she would never undestand anything, all of her world brutally crumbled apart. It was then that she knew that she will never be truly happy.

She never saw this beautiful dwarf but remembered he was a milker. So she had to say to her parents the truth, she wanted to become a milker. There was no need to add something about 'understanding'. Saddened, their parents looked at each other before her father spoke : 'Fine, find yourself someone who will teach you how to become a milker but don't expect any kind of support from us. And remember, if you want to come back, our doors will always stay open for you'.

For the first time alone in the street, she was clueless as any clueless noble can be clueless alone in the street. Being clueless, she screamed 'I WANT TO BECOME MILKER'. Most just ignored her, or quietly ran away. Most, but not all. There was a not-so-ugly dwarf with a not-at-all-ominous smile. He took good look at her promising chest before declaring 'Ye want to see the milker at'work ? I can show ye a thing or two'. But then the dwarf saw the face of Udib, and knew her parents would surely torture him if he does anything out of place.

It was too late to run away, he just had to teach her basics about milking. Many time he had tried to get rid of her. But he had to be very careful because of her parents, and she was pretty stubborn too. She eventually became officially a Milker. At the same time, some eccentric and exhibitionist noble was gathering people for od know what. The maybe-good dwarf told Udib about him and she went almost immediately to him. This eccentric was of course Nomal Mörulnakuth.

No pictures for today

Lauro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 02:52:30 pm »

Chapter 6

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkbWpjEOwT0&feature=PlayList&p=13AC20E1F5FEE1AA&index=23' I always wanted this as an opening

-Hi 'HiddenBrainwound' !
-'day nameless one !
-I have a name, you know !
-Well, no I don't know.
-It's Nil Thîkutlek !
-Well okay Nil, don't say me you also got a job ?
-Of course, I do, I'm a Weaver !...Well anyway, I though you were a Janitor.
-Yeah, so... ?
-So, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS BUTCHERY ?!?

-Oh that...well, it's because nobody seems to care either way. In fact, they are some dwarf that are happy to eat some meat for a change.
-O...kay. I didn't come here for that. Rather I have some question to ask.
-Wow, they even gave you a personality.
-Uh what ? Then Nil remembered that the janitor was a complete idiot so he ignored that sentence and asked, Can you tell me where the narra-WAIT IS THAT A CAT YOU'RE HOLDING ?
-Yes, a very cute and tender one with cute and tender meat.
-Ugh, that's sick.
-What, you don't like cat meat ?
-No, I prefer dog meat.
-We have that too, rejoice !
-That doesn't matter. Now tell me, where can I find the narrator ?
-The who ?
-The narrator, the one that tells stories.
-Well I tell stories, too !
-The one you called 'Boss'.
-Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! If you wanted to see him why didn't you asked directly ?
-It's because, uh...just tell me where he is already.
-Well sure, no problem. You see that door behind, you ? Well Boss is just on the other side.
-What right, here ?
-Yep.
-I don't need to go searching hint after hint in the more obscures part of the dungeon.
-Nope.
-Well thanks 'HiddenBrainwound'.
-You're welcome ex-nameless one.
-Bye 'HiddenBrainwound'
-Bye ex-nameless one.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the dreaded outside.

Twelve dwarves with no apparent links were forced to endure the burning of the sun with no mean to escape his omnipotent grasp. One of them, Erush Ekzongiral breaked the silence.

-Who could have guessed this was some kind of trap.
-I have guessed it.
-I have...well...me too...

Two dwarves answered almost at the same time. One is a female dwarf, with a very proud attitude named Udib Ustuthidek. The other one is male dwarf, with no sign of confidence whatsoever, whose name is Sodel  Giginkûbuk.

-If you have guessed it's a trap why did you came here ?
-Because I...err...you can't understand.
-Well, when they ask you to do something you just have to do it.
-If you say so...And how did you know this was a trap ?
-That's easy. On the back of the main message there's another one. It reads,

It's a trap, don't go.
-XXX With love, your master

A part these two, everydwarf here was utterly stunned. They all wanted to speak in an incoherent manner. Some tension began to rise. Maybe there would be a battle. But it didn't happen. Instead, one of them slipped at the border and fell on the ground below.

-Are you all right Minkot ?
-Yeah, i'm fine. There's some strange machinery down here.
-Really ? What kind ?
-I don't know nothing about that, and I don't really care. It's not like it'll kill me anyway.

From the other side of the door, some noise could be heard. Erush rushed on the doorside, trying to communicate.

-Hey is there somedwarf ?

No response.

-I hear that you make some noise. What are you doing.

Still no response.

-Are you trying to open the door ?
-Augh, I'm too thirsty let's drink.
-He's gone.

Sodel then spoke. Only answered by Erush.

-I believe this dwarf was removing the floor.
-Why would he do that ?
-Probably to make us all fall below.
-He's crazy, we could fall in the moat.
-It's probably the objective.
-What kind of sick dwarf would have his objective ?
-No it's not 'his' objective, he just follows orders.

Some watery noise came from below.

-Minkot, what's happening ?
-I don't know. Somedwarf came, pushed a lever and now the machin is spewing water. There's more and more. Help me please !

-Hold on. We'll find something to do.
-Don't hurry, I enjoy bathes !
-Really ?
-NO ! What do you think I am, an elf ?
-If any of you as an Idea to save him just say it...Nothing?...Nodwarf?...at least don't look out. It's so painful. Minkot, you still here ? Minkot ? MINKOT ? NO ! MINKOT WHY DID YOU LEF-Aww I didn't notice the door was so pretty.

Erush attempted to calm down his new 'Friends' in his own unique idiom...

-At least, things can't go worse.

...And it began raining.

Meanwhile, in the safe inside. Nil Thîkutlek has finally found #the narrator#. #The narrator# is processing plants and do not pay much attention at anything besides his work. Nil is too afraid to begin speaking. He make a very quiet and long sigh. He harvest every single little piece of bravery to his lips. He open slowly his mouth. And then everydwarf is stunned by that noise : 'WAIT IS THAT A CAT YOUR HOLDING ?'. But it doesn't matter as Nil manage to say 'I found #narrator#, now you will tell me who you really are'.

The dwarves imprisoned outside hear again the ominous noise of floor being removed. But this time it come with the cheerful laughter of a kid. Nobody seems to care anymore about what will happen.
But Erush Ekzongiral still try to communicate with the child.

-Hey kiddo what your doing is wrong. You will gain nothing from it.
-But I was told to, why is it bad ?
-I told you why, because if you do that we will all fall and maybe die.

The noise stopped for a moment. And then it came back.

-So, are you saying that I alone can kill those awful and useless adult that you are and nothing will stop me ?
-Are you nuts.
-Of course I'm nuts. I probably never play such a fun game in all my life. i child Laughter/i
-Please...stop already.

Meanwhile, Sodel asked Udib if they could be friend and Udib said 'Sure, why not ?'. There are two things that Udib learned joining this community. The first is that being skilled for the milker job is pretty useless. She was lucky enough to be trained as a marksdwarf. This way, in the military, she could still preserve some prestige she were used too. The second is that cat are really cute and adorable. She had loads and loads of cats as pets. Of course, she could never imagine that cat proliferation could cause a game to run slower and that this became a  'secret' plot device. Sodel was still very quiet. But internally he was dancing with joy at the Idea of having a friend. She was not his first friend but he never saw his other friend after they became 'friends for life'. In an attempt to share his joy, he gave a roast that was lying here to Udib. Udib made a difficult smile and ate it, before making a very weird face and asking what that 'thing' was made off. Sodel took the question very seriously and began anylising another roast of the stack. He bite only bit to analyse the ingredients and came with this :

-Yechh, that's so sick. You wanted to make me even angrier, wouldn't you ?
-Uh, wha- no, noway !
-Stop lying. I see in your eyes how evil you really are.
-You're wrong stop saying such absurd...
-Well I'm very generous so maybe if you listen carefully to me, I will, maybe some day, pardon you.
-I'm not evil and I'll do everything you ask, for sure.

'WAIT, IS THAT A CAT YOU'RE HOLDING ?'. This question echoed for a long time before the #narrator# could see whoever interrupt his work. He just decided to carefully ask :

-Do I ever told you some story, back in the meeting room ?
-Sure you did, we were looking for you for some time.
-'We' ? But I see that you are alone.
-Don't worry my friends surely are talking with 'HiddenBrainwound' right now. They will come shortly to end your evil plans.
-What plans are you talking ?
-Don't play fool, you're too suspicious to not be evil, plus you worship od.
-Well maybe I worship od but I have no evil plan that I can remember.

Two other dwarves came from where the janitor was.

-There he is !
-Yes, It's the nameless #narrator#. Speak, say clearly what your evil plan Is and maybe we'll spare your miserable and dark life.
-I'm sorry to disappoint you gentleman, but if I have this kind of plan, I think I already forgot about it.
-You just forgot ? How convenient of you. Too bad we have very good and completely logical reasons to believe that you are evil inside.
-Well...if you state your reasons maybe I can defend myself mor fairly.
-Of course we will do that, we are not evil, not us ! So here I begin. First you're a worshipper of od.
-Well I'm not the only one in this dungeon and surely not in the entire confident blockade.
-Maybe it doesn't prove anything but it sure makes you highly suspicious.
-So all the worshippers of od are up to making an evil plan, I will choose my friends better. Thanks for the advice.
-Don't make fun of us ! THIS IS SERIOUS ! Another reason is that we heard of a murder of a pump operator right when we were talking about you.
-So people who don't even know my name talk about me when another dwarf I probably never heard of talk about an event I didn't even heard myself. Can you explain me better how this makes me guilty of anyting ?
-Well maybe it's just a coincidence, but maybe it's a sign of  Logem Doren Dakas.
-I don't know much about your god but I never really believed what others call 'Deus Ex Machina'.
-Believe what you want. And last but not least argument you don't even have a name apart from being #narrator#.
-Yes I have.
-But I never heard it.
-You don't need to hear it for me to have one. Beside I could say the exact same thing about YOU ! What makes you less guilty than me ?
-What ?!?

And then the world crumbled apart, literally.

Narrator name :

Poor janitor, he doesn't get all the 'screen time' he deserve !

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 03:32:07 pm »

I was giggling from the very start of this chapter and when I saw "It has started raining" part, I burst into laughter and scared by dog.

I so love this thing <3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.