Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Fences?

(1/4) > >>

Micro102:
Is their anything i could use as a fence? shorter then a wall but cant pass through it but can see through it?

Lemunde:
Wooden fortifications maybe?  Build a wooden wall then carve fortifications into it.  You could also try building some stone grates at your mason's workshop.

Micro102:
I was thinking grates but can you build them without them being next to walls?

and no fortifications, my imagination won't let me see them as fences  :P

Lemunde:
I think so.  I've never tried it but I figure grates are like flood gates which you can build anywhere.

Shurhaian:

--- Quote from: Lemunde on December 22, 2009, 12:31:32 pm ---Wooden fortifications maybe?  Build a wooden wall then carve fortifications into it.  You could also try building some stone grates at your mason's workshop.

--- End quote ---

You can also build fortifications directly, though they won't be load-bearing if that matters.

Wall grates of any kind(wood or stone) work similar to built fortifications, but can also be rigged to a switch to open.

Grates are NOT like floodgates. Floodgates block fluid, grates do not. And I'm pretty sure floodgates already CAN be built anywhere. Floodgates are like doors that can be built anywhere, but A) need to be linked to mechanisms and B) have a delay in their operation. Grates specifically don't block fluids - and I'm not sure about projectiles; someone may be able to weigh in on that.

Short version: Fortifications(possibly with grates to serve as gates) are probably the closest you can get to a "fence".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version