Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.21.101.19d Released  (Read 1724 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.21.101.19d Released
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:53:00 am »

Download

Changes

This should resolve the last known "creature scrambling" issue.  Please backup your saves before trying this -- adv mode saves from 101.19b/c are still going to be somewhat strange, though a save from c loaded in d might be repaired.

Let me know if this is stable in adventure mode after you play through a few games.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.21.101.19d Released
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 04:00:00 am »

I haven't been able to make any small creatures (lizards, rats and such) available for adoption in some of the most recent versions. When I press Enter on the animals screen, the text changes to "For Sale", but after I exit the screen and open it again, it always reads "Not For Sale".
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 04:27:00 am »

I can note that down...  hopefully some of my saves have this situation.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 05:54:00 am »

I can send a save if you need. I had the same problem in two games, though, so it should be common.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Slime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 06:49:00 am »

I really have to respect you. You spend a lot of time working on this game, and apart from the occasional donation, you're not even getting paid. The rate at which you fix bugs is amazing.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:14:00 am »

I think Toady is a magic cyborg.

Anyways, in a new game of Adventure mode, people still wander about towns aimlessly and with no regard for their wares.   The randomly being attacked by people has stopped, though.

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:17:00 am »

I have the same problem as Aristharus, except I don't have economy yet, so it's "Available" that gets reset to "Not Available". Thankfully, butchering option still works, as one of my puppies found out...

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 08:57:00 am »

For me the adopting works for puppies and such, but not for rats and other smaller creatures. For them the butchering option doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be. "Butchering" a roach wouldn't feed that many people anyway.