Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Command to clear an area

(1/1)

Zarimus:
It would be nice to have a command to tell your dwarfs to clear objects from an area, similar to the way they do for construction. Perhaps an option under stockpiles for a clear area?I know that often when I'm designating a stone stockpile somewhere what I'm really doing is trying to get an area cleared of rubble. It would be much better to just specify it that way. This could also be a fix for blocked construction and such.

Xenomorph:
I'm sure this has already been discussed at one point.  But I agree.

Momaw:
As a workable temporary solution, you could make inter-stockpile hauling jobs have a higher priority than hauling things into a stockpile.In other words, you'd make a stockpile in the area (A) that you want cleared, and set it to accept nothing.  Then, make another stockpile somewhere convenient (B), that accepts the things you want to be cleared out of (A).  Set (B) to Take-From: (A).  Sit back and watch. Currently this doesn't work because world->stockpile jobs will get taken as well as stockpile->stockpile jobs, so it's very unlikely that you'll clear the desired terrain this way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version