Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: noble arrival conditions, also: cave spiders  (Read 1135 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
noble arrival conditions, also: cave spiders
« on: December 24, 2009, 07:16:56 am »

In an effort to reduce lag, I try to keep my pop relatively low. Right now my population is in the mid forties, and I'm wondering if it's possible to mod the arrival conditions of nobles.

Minding the context, I specifically mean their population requirements. I can't even get the DM without at least 50 dwarves. If I now upped my pop cap I'd probably get 20-30 fugies in one wave, which is way more than I need.

Another thing: cave spider venom appears to have permanent effect, i.e. a creature will get randomly stunned even years after being bitten. Do I correctly assume that this is due to the tag called [EXTRACT_STUN_INTERMITTENT], and that it could be made non-permanent with [EXTRACT_STUN]?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 07:35:51 am by assimilateur »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: noble arrival conditions, also: cave spiders
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 08:16:58 am »

In an effort to reduce lag, I try to keep my pop relatively low. Right now my population is in the mid forties, and I'm wondering if it's possible to mod the arrival conditions of nobles.
There is currently no way to do that as far as I know. It should become possible in the next version with the entity position raws, but that doesn't help now.

Another thing: cave spider venom appears to have permanent effect, i.e. a creature will get randomly stunned even years after being bitten. Do I correctly assume that this is due to the tag called [EXTRACT_STUN_INTERMITTENT], and that it could be made non-permanent with [EXTRACT_STUN]?
It should be the [EXTRACT_PERMANENT] tag, actually, but I can't guarantee that.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:09:28 pm »

Incidentally, the extract modification suggested in the OP would make it so that affected dwarves would NEVER MOVE AGAIN
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 02:28:11 pm »

OK, looks like I'm going to remove the [EXTRACT_PERMANENT] tag then. The fact that I won't be able to get my DM with fewer than 50 guys is disappointing, but I'll manage.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 03:15:13 pm »

OK, looks like I'm going to remove the [EXTRACT_PERMANENT] tag then. The fact that I won't be able to get my DM with fewer than 50 guys is disappointing, but I'll manage.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You could always just raise the cap to 50, and assign all extra migrants to the military, in a special position under a lever linked support held up roof, then change your population cap back.

Where modding can't go, brutality prevails.
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 03:59:43 pm »

Where modding can't go, brutality prevails.

That line is fucking excellent.

Anyway, I'm thinking about upping my cap and just leave the extra dwarves be, because I could use a couple more haulers and/or soldiers. Also, I think my improved performance is due to having just a tiny bit of river on my map, and to having a magma pool instead of a pipe.