Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist - DFHack - 0.1.2 *Updated*  (Read 28804 times)

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist - DFHack - 0.1.2 *Updated*
« on: December 24, 2009, 12:19:42 pm »

Note: Currently works on windows with all versions from 39a-40d, 40d2-40d19_2 and all linux versions from 40d2-40d19!
Also Note: This is a branch of Dwarf Therapist, not an official release
Also Also Note:  This version requires you perform an additional installation step to enable proper support for renaming strings and professions, please read INSTALL.txt

For those not aware of what Dwarf Therapist is, here is the original thread.

I have been working on converting Dwarf Therapist, originally released by chmod and using a custom interface with dwarf fortress, to using the DFHack library to interface with dwarf fortress.

I did this to promote the use of DFHack in more tools, as the more people using the library the more things can be added, and the more quickly the tools will be updated for new versions of dwarf fortress, as all that needs to be updated is the library.  I was also able to use some of the additional things DFHack exposes to improve Dwarf Therapist.

The DFHack library is currently used in Stonesense, as well as Khazad, and now Dwarf Therapist, if you are planning to make a tool for DF, you should give it a try!

Updated: 3-30-2010

v0.1.2
Changes for this version:
 * Updates backend to DFHack 0.2
 * Some crash fixes due to incorrect offsets
 * Some ui improvements from Zhentar

MAJOR CHANGES from Dwarf Therapist 0.4.2:
 * Incorporates the new addresses for all released linux versions as well as windows versions all the way back to 39a
 * renaming using shared memory library, so names can be of unlimited length without memory corruption
 * Fortress name is the titlebar
 * Artifact names are shown in the creators details
 * DFHack backend
 * Zooming to the currently selected Dwarf
 * Following the currently selected Dwarf
 * Periodic refreshing of all the dwarves (so you can watch their jobs change over time)
 * Dwarf material, item, and food likes
 * Filtering by custom scripting

This release also includes the additional scripting functionality, which was added by chmod after the 0.4.2 release

The likes and follow functions are in the dwarf details panel.

So, with the likes information and the new scripting, you can find good candidates for the military by using the scripting dialog and searching for
Code: [Select]
d.has_like('iron') && d.has_like('mace') for example.

Not every dwarf 'like' that appears in game will be in Dwarf Therapist, I only did the ones which were both useful and relatively easy to process.  The upcoming shared memory revisions of DFHack should make this task, and many others much simpler to do, and those improvements will be added to Dwarf Therapist as they occur.

This should also fix the problems people were having with ubuntu 9.10.  Let me know if it does not.

The dfhack version this uses is version 0.2.0 available at http://github.com/peterix/dfhack/tree/0.2.0

the source for this release is available at http://github.com/belal/dwarftherapist/tree/0.1.2

Downloads

If you have problems, try getting an updated Memory.xml from peterix's github

Both Windows and Linux (faster mirror!) http://github.com/belal/dwarftherapist/downloads

Windows http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1708 (v 0.1.2)
Linux http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1709 (v 0.1.2)
Source updated regularly
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:38:11 pm by Belal »

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist - DFHack Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:37:23 pm »

Still downloading at the moment, but I'm wondering if this update fixes the little bug that places dwarves with neutral (50) traits at the bottom of the list when you arrange dwarves by their personality traits.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:47:21 pm »

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."

DF 40d
WinXP SP 3

It also gave a send-crash-report option when it failed due to no DF running the first time I opened it.  However, it displayed the empty tabs that time.  When I actually had DF running it gave the above.  It was still in memory after giving the above error, and gave the usual DF-has-stopped-running error when I closed DF.  I had to close your program with Program Manager.  When I did so it went through the complete reset that causes all the boot-up things to be checked.

The original Dwarf Therapist works fine on my machine.  So does your prospector program.  There's something about how you have combined Dwarf Therapist and dfhack that isn't working.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Buddybud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 03:11:24 pm »

i'm using 40d11 with winXP SP3 and cannot get your version of of dT to connect to the game. I get the "unable to talk to dwarf fortress....etc". I have no problems with the regular dT "4.2". Strangley your version of dT does load with no errors it just can't find dwarf fortress. i tried loading dT both before and after loading  dwarf fortress. May be i just missed something obvious

looks promising though :P

Bud

Edit ...thanx for the heads up Belal  ::)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:36:01 am by Buddybud »

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 01:02:34 pm »

slink & buddybud: This version is only going to work with 40d16 at the moment, There are a bunch of offsets I haven't propagated back to 40d yet, so that is probably what is causing the crash.  I should have mentioned that, but I figured people would be using the latest version :).  I will update it to work with the other versions as my next step.

Taritus, I did not fix that bug, but chmod must have fixed that in the repository, the neutral traits are now sorted correctly.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 01:06:32 pm »

Nice little Christmas gift :)

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 01:19:45 am »

Nice work Belal, this will indeed be a big plus for DFHack and establishing it as the universal DF memory tool.  I'm also particularly pleased to see artificially generated key presses being used to send commands into DF, this proof of concept opens up a lot of possibilities.  On a recent thread http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46786.0 I discussed the possibility of using artificial key input as a kind of Hacked API that could be called by various tool or visualizer programs.  Perhaps this should be goal for DFHack developers?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 01:25:09 am by Impaler[WrG] »
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 08:54:44 pm »

Hi, I would've posted this in the main Dwarf Therapist thread but this fork seems to be the one that's actively being worked on... Would it be at all possible to add another column in the Military screen which details the number of kills?

niche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 07:09:05 am »

Good Tool !! I use it to see what my Dwarf likes  ;D

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:44 pm »

It seems to fail if I try to change the profession of a dwarf that I've already changed the profession of.  Does it not send [backspace] keypresses to DF before inputting a new name or something odd like that?

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 08:49:42 pm »

It seems to fail if I try to change the profession of a dwarf that I've already changed the profession of.  Does it not send [backspace] keypresses to DF before inputting a new name or something odd like that?

No it definitely does backspace the old name.  Are you trying to commit one profession name, then commit another profession name later, or changing the name twice then committing?  I have tried both methods to reproduce the error and haven't seen any problems, what is the error message it gives you, if any?

Hi, I would've posted this in the main Dwarf Therapist thread but this fork seems to be the one that's actively being worked on... Would it be at all possible to add another column in the Military screen which details the number of kills?

I will look into where kills are stored, if they are in the creature object it should be easy to do that, good idea.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 09:06:25 pm »

Well, turns out it's not that.  Dwarf Therapist just seems to die about 2 in 3 times when I try to give a dwarf a custom profession.  If I restart both DF and DT I can usually fix the issue, but it's still annoying.  I'm not sure what exact steps you can take to reproduce the bug though...

happydog23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 12:52:47 am »

I don't know if its because I was running it on XP Tablet edition or what, but I've consistently had Dwarf Therapist crash after changing various dwarf professions a couple times and it usually led to DF itself locking up and crashing.  I can try to run down more specifics if you want, but I wasn't going to put that much effort in to it unless its going to actually be looked it :-)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:48 am »

I don't know if its because I was running it on XP Tablet edition or what, but I've consistently had Dwarf Therapist crash after changing various dwarf professions a couple times and it usually led to DF itself locking up and crashing.  I can try to run down more specifics if you want, but I wasn't going to put that much effort in to it unless its going to actually be looked it :-)
Hmm.. make sure you are in the normal paused state with no extra menus open. I haven't looked at the code, but a similar tool that's in dfhack does have this problem.

I'm working on a solution :)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 10:50:57 am »

Great to know DT still is alive. I was concerned the tool would die off. We have many examples already on the community, but this one tool can't die...  8)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7