Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Add evil realism for evil FUN.

(1/9) > >>

isd:
Hello, I am not an experimented player but I would like to make some suggestions that could make the game a lot more fun right from the beginning.As I read this about another game(unreal world), it would be really fun to add some realism in this vein :1. Kill a snake with a bow
2. Remove the skin of the snake
3. Turn the skin into a small cord
4. You can tie the hunting knife into a staff with the cord. Its now a
handy spear!
5. Throw the spear at the kid, targeting on his head
6. Remove edible meat from the childs corpse and roast them on fire
7. Sell the meat to a foreing merchant in exchange for iron weaponsI saw that aging and procreating is on the road map, so I guess (sorry if it is crude or even awful but I think this should be considered, even more since the game is set in some harsh world) it would be nice to implement sex, torture, drug, prostitution and the like, this would be great evil fun, even more if the consequences are realistic (it could be used in "diplomacy" for getting information from a captured ennemy, kidnap the daughter of a noble and asking for money, acting on ethnies to modify them by rape, becoming some kind of "jack the Ripper" and stalked by everyone. We could even be killed, and it would be fun to be lynched... then with a new character come back to the place and check if the "legend" of the thing is still around, and visit some old victims, hire them in our faction, or whatever etc... There should be also some evil NPC we could hunt to get the reward and lynch them or dealing with them instead of killing them, creating here and there some desire of vengeance, or on the contrary a good reputation etc... Well, building is nice but takes time... whereas destroying and be bad can be done quickly and could be played when we don't have too much time ^^ ).I know drug and the like are not very "heroic-fantasy" but well... I am not against having young elves prostitution mafia networks at the same time as magic and slavery. I think we should definitely also have slavery, for sake of realism.Of course I am also for a step by step in-game introduction (just be guided for the beginning, and have an easy access to help quickly on anything needed in game, so it is easy to improve without having to read the wiki or whatever. In a word: make it possible to make mistakes in dealing with food and combat etc... and take lessons of these misses... instead of having to follow a precise strategy read on the wiki to survive the first winter. THIS is a pain)I don't think that having some increasing attacks from goblins is realistic, neither having somme immigrants... It would be nice to have a realistic way to handle these things (I know they are done to simulate a difficulty curve but...), and you could code this the way that for example, if a big army comes close at the beginning they wouldn't care of such a ridiculous camp and while they could steal food or make fun of us, they would not kill everyone like dumbs. They may torture us to get information eventually     ;)
This would create a strong desire of vengeance, could be fun.Well, sorry to suggest such twisted ideas but, I think they could be fun.. more fun than trying to build our fortress under the sea ^^;
And of course, everything would be related with procreation, so we could follow the lives of the bad guys, the good guys and the like.... It is funnyer to influence a single life and keep an eye on it after a generation, than to act on whole civilizations... Well, from my twisted and evil point of view.PS : one more suggestion : trying to have no more numerical statements (like points) and trying to have a more human way to deal with statistics (a little, a few, a lot etc...) would be better in some areas (when a real human can't really count things because there are too much to count)[ March 24, 2008: Message edited by: isd ][ March 24, 2008: Message edited by: isd ]

Capntastic:
A lot of these are in the dev notes; have you checked out the power goals?   If not, you're in for a treat.

isd:
quote:Originally posted by Capntastic:
<STRONG>A lot of these are in the dev notes; have you checked out the power goals?   If not, you're in for a treat.</STRONG>Happy to hear this.
It seems I have read until the "next year or two" goals..
I'll correct this mistake right now! Thanks.

Foul_Jester:
Sounds like URW to me.

Prey King:
I agree with everything in the OP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version