Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68

Author Topic: Cult - New Development Video (5-10-12)  (Read 109408 times)

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
Re: Cult - New Development Video (5-10-12)
« Reply #945 on: June 05, 2012, 05:56:43 pm »

I'm very impressed with your kickstarter page Lord Dullard! My only concern is that you'll be spending all your time integrating the prices people get for supporting the game :) The construction system for buildings looks really cool btw!

I think he will probably streamline it. As well there is no timeline for a lot of the stuff anyway.

Actually I kinda put my fingers in my ears when I think of the ways he will simplify the donation write ups...

Hell, once I finish the soundtrack, or maybe even before, if he comes up with a way I can implement you guys with a GUI or spreadsheet, I'm willing the bear the workload, so he doesn't even really need to worry about it.
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #946 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:43 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 05, 2012, 06:28:05 pm »

Hmm I thought I'd have more time, but it seems not. Though if Dullard is right I can still donate after the project is complete for the same rewards up to a certain time.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:30:05 pm by Neonivek »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 05, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »

Just pledged a dollar, looks pretty awesome and it'd be great to see this come to fruition, might put a bit more in later :)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #949 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:51 pm »

Awesome! Glad to see it finally went live. I also posted a note on my deviantART, just to raise awareness/confirm your permission. I'm hoping it can bring a few more backers. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 05, 2012, 06:56:59 pm »

Thanks, Shook!

Neonivek - I think that will be okay. Are you waiting to donate because you can't use Kickstarter, or for another reason? (If you can use Kickstarter obviously that's preferable, both because it helps to bring the campaign towards completion and to preserve my sanity somewhat.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 05, 2012, 07:01:23 pm »

I can use Kickstarter (assuming Canada can). It is that I have no income and I am trying to get my first job. It is concievable I won't get a job or the money in time.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 05, 2012, 08:25:45 pm »

In that case, no problem. I will definitely still honor your donation after the Kickstarter if you can't make it before then. :)

Cook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 05, 2012, 11:12:43 pm »

I saw your game dude it its nice and I like your ideas :)
Atm I dont have access to a credit card but in the near future I will donate for sure
keep it up I really liked it and I will totally stick with it :3
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:15:09 pm by Cook »

Trefall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 06, 2012, 12:49:53 am »

Congrats on the launch! Already 20 backers! :)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 06, 2012, 01:15:01 am »

Posted it on Attnam.com, I'll try to convince the people there to pool together for an attnam civ.
And still no news from my bank for a new card...
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 07, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »

Posted it on Attnam.com, I'll try to convince the people there to pool together for an attnam civ.
And still no news from my bank for a new card...

Actually... that sounds very interesting. Attnam turned into a civilisation.

With the King, weilding a powerful sword glowing with power, is the embodied pinicle of the god's power, as well as secretly defended by the Frog god's avatars.

But really when I think about it... What would Attnam be? There isn't a lot on it other then what it has and its psychopathic gods.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:37:38 am by Neonivek »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 08, 2012, 06:41:52 am »

Well, yeah, the psychopathic and very active gods would be the main selling point. Also, a focus on slave labor. Suicidal people defending their gods by blowing themselves up, cfr. kamikaze dwarfs. The use of magic trough wands, scrolls and prayer only, maybe outlawed otherwise? A single high priest as a ruler, lust for colonization maybe? All cities built in perfect north-south aligned squares? Also, but that might be pushing Dullard's programming, a main temple in the shape of whatever nearby creature most closely resembles a frog. A tendency to enchant swords with fire and hammers with lightning. A love for tunnels connecting different cities or parts of one big city, often more complex than they should be. Magical experimentation on plants an animals, funded by the government.

I think it might work. Maybe. A little.

Currently, we have 5 people interested, including me. Aiming for 10 so we can pay $10 each, which seems to be what most people would prefer.

@Lord Dullard: I finally managed to pay. Sorry for the wait.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 08, 2012, 08:40:36 am »

Thanks, EagleV!

An Attnam civ would be awesome - I'm a huge IVAN fan myself.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 08, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »

IVAN to me represents the best and worst of roguelikes at the same time.

Anyhow EagleV it is more about what is it as a civilisation. Also yes the gods would be the selling point.

Afterall even though Attnam has active gods they are all malicious and extremely self-interested often deciding to outright maim a needy follower and even capable of angering each to force them to send their second in command (no small feat), though their love is priceless as their gifts include things such as replacing lost limbs with metal, plant, or other unusual types. Though the gods allow free worship they are not all on the same side.

Anyhow I guess what Attnam is as a civilisation is obviously a religion based society where a priest rules. They are also aggressive and dominating with a large amount of slave labour enforced by their large army.

Magically Attnam itself is rather primative. The gods themselves are the ones who bestow most of the blessings and magic and the rest are created by dungeon dwellers (Attnam's most powerful sorcerer is inside a dungeon). Though don't underestimate Attnam for they protect their priest with the most powerful arms and armor they can find, as well as godly protector. Though Don't get the wrong idea, the magic in Attnam's dungeons are overflowing as well many of their major holy sites are contained within.

(Not taking credit for comming up with that... I am taking it from EagleV)

You should probably end up making a god write up EagleV. I was on the Attnam boards but I lost my password a while ago.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:02:19 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68