Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 68

Author Topic: Cult - New Development Video (5-10-12)  (Read 109398 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Cult - New Development Video (5-10-12)
« Reply #960 on: June 08, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »

Well, it doesn't look like anyone else will contribute. Maybe I'll try to get to 70, to get one of the gods in. I'll let you know how this goes. Neonivek, would you be interested in contributing to this 'project'?
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 08, 2012, 04:09:54 pm »

I will, once I get back from this convention.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 08, 2012, 04:23:51 pm »

I will once this credit card gets some money on it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 08, 2012, 04:53:34 pm »

Well, it doesn't look like anyone else will contribute. Maybe I'll try to get to 70, to get one of the gods in. I'll let you know how this goes. Neonivek, would you be interested in contributing to this 'project'?

I am trying to get a job so I can donate myself... but I won't be able to for a while.

Even then my goal was mostly for myself.

Though EagleV it seems like you have two more people who may be able to contribute to your "Bring Attnam to Cult" goal.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 08, 2012, 08:29:42 pm »

I just tossed in 70. surprised by the number of people forking over 100, and who the hell donated 500?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 09, 2012, 02:27:08 am »

I am trying to get a job so I can donate myself... but I won't be able to for a while.

Even then my goal was mostly for myself.

Though EagleV it seems like you have two more people who may be able to contribute to your "Bring Attnam to Cult" goal.

Yeah, thanks for the support anyway. Scelly9 and Fniff, just for clarity, you were talking about the Attnam/IVAN donation as opposed to simply donating to cult on your own, right?
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 09, 2012, 11:56:01 am »

Actually, no. I was actually just saying that I was going to donate on my own. But I could help, if you like. I decided to change my donation to 15, anyway.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 09, 2012, 12:20:35 pm »

No, no, you should donate on your own if that was your plan, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
*WHACK*

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 11, 2012, 08:01:15 pm »

Just Kickstarted this.  Congats, Lord Dullard: I'm super pleased this project's found the support it deserves to ascend to the next level, can't wait for alpha.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Clownmite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 17, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »

I just watched the construction preview vid, that looks awesome so far. Is that GUI written in Python? It looks petty snappy.

Will you be able to do things like build a castle and set troops to man it while you go off adventuring? And will it be able to be attacked while you're away?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #970 on: June 17, 2012, 06:07:27 pm »

Yes to everything.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 17, 2012, 06:15:58 pm »

Since you are splitting up magic and religion/spirituality, does that mean dealing with gods and spirits and getting their boons uses an entirely seperate system from magic or is there an intersection point? (Ignoring gods and spirits of magic... who are always the exception)

Actually given that this is about the awakened old gods it sort of makes me wonder if this will deal with some Lovecraftian magic where the gods themselves created spells done by chanting their names. Magic can be confusing.

Clownmite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 17, 2012, 11:11:32 pm »

Yes to everything.

Cool. Will other AI people also "use" the building system and construct things outside of cities? I know programming intelligent use of these things would be very difficult but it would be nice to see beings other than the player use this.

Also, the cloud shadows/reflections written in python? I'm impressed with how smoothly everything seems to run.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:06:21 pm by Clownmite »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #973 on: June 18, 2012, 07:55:09 pm »

For the most part gods/spirits use an entirely separate system of magic, 'magic' being the more science-like ability to tap magical energies, whereas gods and spirits will be connected to more of an abstract, spiritual set of abilities.

The cloud shadows/reflections are indeed written in Python. It actually looks much smoother when I'm not running FRAPS, which detests Cult with a passion on fullscreen. Things will eventually be built by the AI, and certainly outside of cities, though it'll take time to get to that point.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 18, 2012, 08:36:41 pm »

Oh, you've got a thread here. Didn't see that.

So what's the custom tileset for the stretch goal going to be able to do? It seems like you can make some pretty good pictures with what you're working with currently, but what can't you do now that you're going to do with the tileset?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 68