Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68

Author Topic: Cult - New Development Video (5-10-12)  (Read 109884 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Cult - New Development Video (5-10-12)
« Reply #930 on: June 04, 2012, 04:07:36 pm »

Likewise. I think that's far better than the equivalent of having your name in the credits.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »

Likewise. I think that's far better than the equivalent of having your name in the credits.

Dear goodness can I imagine the credits being long on some projects. I trust dullard won't let his rewards destroy the integrity of the project.

Also dang next page amnesia! to admit I don't think anyone had comments on what I wrote so its all ok.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #932 on: June 04, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »

Aw snap, looks like a mighty fine Kickstarter to me! Well, your part of it, anyways, but it's nice that i could contribute. I'm currently wondering whether it would be odd for me to donate moolah or not. (what with you intending to give me a little cut of it)

HMMMMMMMMMM

But, while i wonder, i'll say that them's some pretty cool rewards!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 04, 2012, 11:32:57 pm »

Might as well ask this here since this is Lord Dullard's thread

What are spirits now that we can apperantly get a donation bonus of showing up as one? At least as far as the game is concerned...

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
« Reply #934 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:44 am »

Aw snap, looks like a mighty fine Kickstarter to me! Well, your part of it, anyways, but it's nice that i could contribute. I'm currently wondering whether it would be odd for me to donate moolah or not. (what with you intending to give me a little cut of it)

HMMMMMMMMMM

But, while i wonder, i'll say that them's some pretty cool rewards!

I was wondering the same thing to be honest haha

edit: Oh and on the subject of the font, I'm working on figuring out a way to make it into a real font as we speak, so it can be used by people who aren't me.  =P

edit #2:  Got it figured out, I think, should be able to upload something usable soon enough.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:16:33 am by Sentientdeth »
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #935 on: June 05, 2012, 09:36:57 am »

What are spirits now that we can apperantly get a donation bonus of showing up as one? At least as far as the game is concerned...

Spirits are supernatural beings that are associated with a place or region, basically. They range from benevolent to evil and their associated place can be either very specific or a generalized type (i.e. X Mountain vs. wanders various mountains).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 05, 2012, 02:27:10 pm »

Spirits are supernatural beings that are associated with a place or region, basically. They range from benevolent to evil and their associated place can be either very specific or a generalized type (i.e. X Mountain vs. wanders various mountains).

I can decipher as much... But what exactly are they?

Like I am a person in the game... I look infront of me and there is a Fire Spirit. What do I see? What am I using to see it?

Edit addition

Spirits are supernatural beings that are associated with a place (either a very specific place like X Mountain or a generalized type like 'wanders mountains') who embody that area in a metaphorical sense and have some degree of control and influence over it. They're essentially above mortal but below god, being tied to an area. Think of naiads and dryads, but extended to many more concepts than just trees/rivers.

Ohh I see makes sense. Very interesting.

---

Also I have to ask

What is the difference between being a powerful creature and being a powerful denezin of a dungeon other then location? Which to admit could be just it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:30:57 pm by Neonivek »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #937 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »

By 'monstrous inhabitant of a dungeon' I'm referring to something more akin to a boss creature (not that the setup of dungeons will be quite that simple), not just your average above-ground happy fluffy critter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 05, 2012, 03:05:41 pm »

By 'monstrous inhabitant of a dungeon' I'm referring to something more akin to a boss creature (not that the setup of dungeons will be quite that simple), not just your average above-ground happy fluffy critter.

So instead of being the DRAGON!!! you can be the King of the Dragons in the Dragon Dungeon of Dragons that hides the Seal of the dragons that can raise the Dragon Slaying God from his forced slumber?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:12:36 pm by Neonivek »

Trefall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 05, 2012, 03:17:20 pm »

I'm very impressed with your kickstarter page Lord Dullard! My only concern is that you'll be spending all your time integrating the prices people get for supporting the game :) The construction system for buildings looks really cool btw!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 05, 2012, 03:18:44 pm »

I'm very impressed with your kickstarter page Lord Dullard! My only concern is that you'll be spending all your time integrating the prices people get for supporting the game :) The construction system for buildings looks really cool btw!

I think he will probably streamline it. As well there is no timeline for a lot of the stuff anyway.

Actually I kinda put my fingers in my ears when I think of the ways he will simplify the donation write ups...

Trefall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 05, 2012, 03:20:58 pm »

Those $250+ prices are very tempting though... ;)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 05, 2012, 04:58:39 pm »

Those $250+ prices are very tempting though... ;)

I agree with you there. WAAAAY out of my price range.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 05, 2012, 05:04:51 pm »

Does the "full game" level include the alpha versions of the previous donation level?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 05, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »

Does the "full game" level include the alpha versions of the previous donation level?

Yes...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68