Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Challenges  (Read 14643 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Challenges
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 01:53:06 am »

I'd stay away from a family that calls each and every one of their children "dagger" or "knife". They must have something to prove.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 03:10:49 am »

yes, all of them are named urist, they are the most creative dwarfs in history.

They want that damn fluffy wambler killed.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 06:25:18 pm »

Maybe fluffy wamblers don't like Urists...Racist...
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 10:34:22 pm »

... prehaps i should write a story 'bout direslaughter of bloody angels...

And it was the urists's own fault! they tried to eat the cute fluffy wambler and instead got eaten inside out.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 11:07:43 pm »

I like to stop worldgen in the first year so all the megabeasts are alive, then slay each one, watching the world progress through as many ages as possible.  As a kobold.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

JoystickHero

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:tileset]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 02:01:42 am »

I like to stop worldgen in the first year so all the megabeasts are alive, then slay each one, watching the world progress through as many ages as possible.  As a kobold.
I think I'm going to mod in an immortal, genderless, man-like race as an adventurer, and then stop time in the first year. I will observe, and subtly steer history, protecting those whom I favor.
JoystickHero's Capital Tileset (Simple. Clean. 16x16)
Quote from: Moosey
Really?  You passed up an opportunity to say "Urist McNugget"?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 04:52:58 am »

Make sure their ethical standards are unattainable though.

"FOOLISH MORTAL. THAT ANT WAS UNDER MY PROTECTION. SUFFER FOR YOUR SINS."
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoystickHero

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:tileset]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 07:33:04 am »

Make sure their ethical standards are unattainable though.

"FOOLISH MORTAL. THAT ANT WAS UNDER MY PROTECTION. SUFFER FOR YOUR SINS."
"I-It doesn't even have any stats!" "Neither do corpses! *WHAM*"
JoystickHero's Capital Tileset (Simple. Clean. 16x16)
Quote from: Moosey
Really?  You passed up an opportunity to say "Urist McNugget"?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 07:38:15 pm »

I challenged myself to travel across the world and slay one of the last three great powers, Lusnub Parchedtreasure the Sizzling Silver of Pearls.

The catch?  I had no idea where he was, and it was a large world.  I spent the better part of two hours scouring every lead I could find in the legends page to get a vague idea of where he was, then traveled across the world, from the mid-northeast to the freezing mountains of the southlands, questioned dozens of people, finally realized no one actually knew where he was, and scoured another map from an identical worldgen with caves on (I justified it by saying my party discovered a very old map in the library of the town we were visiting)  After about a half hour searching, I finally found the cave, went there, and we brought down the dragon. 

There were five of us:  Ago Dancesmokes the human swordsman (Me), another human swordsman, a human spearman, a dwarf crossbowman, and an elf maceman (He was born in a human-occupied retreat, had a human name, used metal, and hated animals.  He's cool in my book)

Anyway, we fought the dragon outside.  We charged it, it breathed fire and we all blocked it except the crossbowdwarf.  It almost killed the swordsman by biting her stomach but the spearman stabbed it in the chest and got a stuck-in.  I ran around to the side of it and broke its upper body.  We beat on it for a while until it finally bled to death, awarding me the kill.  Sadly, the dragonfire had set the dwarf's clothing on fire and she burned to death shortly after.

Mosus Mansionfinds:  228-302
Resquiat in pesci, in pesto, e in quattro fromaggi.

I took a large star sapphire from the site as a trophy, went to a nearby town, traded my adventuring equipment for civilian clothing(I got rid of all my non-metal clothing very early on.  Mosus, unfortunately, did not), and then retired.  I'm about to go visit him as a new character so I can talk to him and see what all he has to say.

CLARIFICATION:  I did not spend the better part of two hours searching the legends mode, I'm not that crazy.  That's a timeframe for the whole quest.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:48:25 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2019, 07:42:55 pm »

Pacifist challenge! Why kill when you can spread peace? You aren't allowed to hurt anything this includes people, animals, monsters, undead, forgotten beasts, and elves. You have to run away from every fight, even self defence isn't allowed.

Hard mode - no letting your companions kill everything for you.

Harder mode - The above and no 'unfortunate accidents.'

Even harder mode - The above and no killing plants (they're living things too!).
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 09:02:34 pm »

Alphabet Soup

Play with an ASCII tileset. Using corpses, collect all the letters of your adventurer's first and last name (no nicknames or mods of course) and spell it on the ground. If you gain a title in the process, include that too for bonus points.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

stillrabbit730

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 02:42:02 pm »

That one is actually easy. Kobolds have some pretty good sneak right out of the gate, so all you need to do is sneak up on a megabeast and slit its throat. Doge around until it bleeds out. I've done it many a time before.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2019, 01:07:37 am »

man this was a blast from the past like 9 years ago. wonder if some of these folks are still around? if this thread was active for 9 years still I probably come up with some challenges for the current camp stuff one can do in DF but I think there were some other adv mode challenges threads that pop up in the more resent years.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:34:53 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2019, 03:11:17 pm »

"The Magellan"
Create the largest world you can, with high savagery and evil.  Embark as an unskilled adventurer, as close to one side/corner of the world as possible, and travel all the way to the opposite one.

Bonus 1 (The Beeline): travel in as straight a line as possible, regardless of obstacles.
Bonus 2 (This Lonely Road): bring no companions.
Bonus 3 (Travel Light): carry no armor, shields, or weapons, and only minimal food and drink.
Bonus 4 (The Scenic Route): make the entire journey without fast travel.
Bonus 5 (Four Corners): travel around the border of the world, touching all four corners of the map.
Bonus 6 (Around the World): make the entire journey in fewer than 80 in-game days.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2019, 07:17:40 pm »

I actually did once begin an adventure with no fast travel whatsoever, but I got bored of it pretty quickly. Might be more interesting in a high-savagery world, of course.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3