Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Challenges  (Read 14645 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Challenges
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2019, 05:58:04 pm »

I actually did once begin an adventure with no fast travel whatsoever, but I got bored of it pretty quickly. Might be more interesting in a high-savagery world, of course.
kinda seen folks deal with this challenge is more a 'test on your pc' than anything else given there potential crash moments from just not fast traveling. but I guess that due to not fast traveling, or sleeping, or waiting which unloads the map.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2019, 06:56:07 pm »

Jirk:start in lake, with one crossbow, 18 bolts and no clothes, no empathy - all skill points to mechanic. Be lustful and fearsome, fully hate nature. Play naked, kill everithing, eat only meat and drink only blood, but not become vampire.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 11:06:03 pm »

Jirk:start in lake, with one crossbow, 18 bolts and no clothes, no empathy - all skill points to mechanic. Be lustful and fearsome, fully hate nature. Play naked, kill everithing, eat only meat and drink only blood, but not become vampire.

...Now how would this work in DF?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2019, 08:08:32 am »

...Now how would this work in DF?
Playing without clothes is playing without protect. Jirkish personality give you needs that is hard to satisfy in adventure mode. Mechanic skill isn't used in adventure mode, so this is just for make other skills smaller.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2019, 12:02:48 am »

"The Magellan"
Create the largest world you can, with high savagery and evil.  Embark as an unskilled adventurer, as close to one side/corner of the world as possible, and travel all the way to the opposite one.

Bonus 1 (The Beeline): travel in as straight a line as possible, regardless of obstacles.
Bonus 2 (This Lonely Road): bring no companions.
Bonus 3 (Travel Light): carry no armor, shields, or weapons, and only minimal food and drink.
Bonus 4 (The Scenic Route): make the entire journey without fast travel.
Bonus 5 (Four Corners): travel around the border of the world, touching all four corners of the map.
Bonus 6 (Around the World): make the entire journey in fewer than 80 in-game days.
This seems like a cool idea actually. Will try it out, although honestly traveling without companions is just bothersom, because bogeymen.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2019, 08:56:48 pm »

Wheelchair mode:

- Any race, any gift
- Acquire minecart, who cares how
- If you enjoyed using your legs, get ready to stop
- Bonus points if your character has actually lost the ability to stand.

Once you acquire the minecart, just forget you even have legs, the minecart is your legs now. It is now your wheelchair, there are many like it but this one is yours. You are allowed to stand only when you are inside the minecart, and you must use it for movement whenever possible, limiting yourself to crawling at all other times. If you somehow lose your minecart, you must remain prone until you acquire a new one. You won't be able to climb like this, but you can still take your wheelchair up ramps and stairs by holding it and crawling up. The only objective of this challenge is to not let the world's lack of ADA compliance get in the way of having a good time. That, and to not die, natch.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2019, 09:27:41 pm »

Wheelchair mode:

- Any race, any gift
- Acquire minecart, who cares how
- If you enjoyed using your legs, get ready to stop
- Bonus points if your character has actually lost the ability to stand.

Once you acquire the minecart, just forget you even have legs, the minecart is your legs now. It is now your wheelchair, there are many like it but this one is yours. You are allowed to stand only when you are inside the minecart, and you must use it for movement whenever possible, limiting yourself to crawling at all other times. If you somehow lose your minecart, you must remain prone until you acquire a new one. You won't be able to climb like this, but you can still take your wheelchair up ramps and stairs by holding it and crawling up. The only objective of this challenge is to not let the world's lack of ADA compliance get in the way of having a good time. That, and to not die, natch.

Are minecarts even created in worldgen? So far the only minecarts I've ever seen are the ones I've created myself in fort mode.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2019, 10:14:09 pm »

Are minecarts even created in worldgen? So far the only minecarts I've ever seen are the ones I've created myself in fort mode.
They are admittedly hard to come by. You can sometimes find them in dwarf fortresses, and if you modify the human entity to give them minecarts, sometimes hamlets have one in their mead hall, but it all comes down to rng whether or not a site even has even a single minecart. You might need to embark with one or make some yourself in fortress mode before trying this.

Disregard adversity, acquire minecart.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2019, 04:22:44 pm »

(Murderous) Robin Hood challenge!
Rid the world of it's corrupt rulers and give freedom to the poor! Set out to kill and loot anybody in a leadership position, bonus points if you gift their money to the peasants and take none for yourself. You will be honoured as a hero throughout the land! (Or a regicidal maniac...)

If you want to go full Robin-Hood-gone-mad you can Collect trophies from your murders revolutionary quests for justice!
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2019, 04:36:25 pm »

"The Magellan"
Create the largest world you can, with high savagery and evil.  Embark as an unskilled adventurer, as close to one side/corner of the world as possible, and travel all the way to the opposite one.

Bonus 1 (The Beeline): travel in as straight a line as possible, regardless of obstacles.
Bonus 3 (Travel Light): carry no armor, shields, or weapons, and only minimal food and drink.
Bonus 5 (Four Corners): travel around the border of the world, touching all four corners of the map.
Bonus 6 (Around the World): make the entire journey in fewer than 80 in-game days.
This seems like a cool idea actually. Will try it out, although honestly traveling without companions is just bothersome, because bogeymen.
In that case, I'd just remove the bogeymen in advanced world gen......the better to be prepared, you understand.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2019, 11:19:35 pm »

"The Magellan"

This seems like a cool idea actually. Will try it out, although honestly traveling without companions is just bothersome, because bogeymen.
In that case, I'd just remove the bogeymen in advanced world gen......the better to be prepared, you understand.
What about playing as fearless spiderman?

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2019, 05:40:15 am »

"The Magellan"

What about playing as fearless spiderman?
*shrug* Some people just use their personal easiest options....that was just a helpful suggestion on my part.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2019, 06:44:46 pm »

"The Magellan"

This seems like a cool idea actually. Will try it out, although honestly traveling without companions is just bothersom, because bogeymen.
I honestly forget that bogeymen exist, because I turn them off in advanced worldgen.  Also, if you decide to try this, please make a thread for it, I'd love to see how it goes!
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.
Pages: 1 2 [3]