Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: quick healing  (Read 567 times)

Atredies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
quick healing
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »

so, on my map the dwarf diplomat is missing a hand, and keeps passing out.
any way to mod him to insta-heal? or at least stop passing out.
(preferably without permanently changing the other dwarves.)

also, my int. files never show any changes. I can go in, change anything and the changes happen but when I go back into the file the text is back to default, and I have to remember everything I changed the first time. anyone know how to fix this, or is it normal?
Tarn Adams: My favorite bugs are the one where the farmer walked over to the furniture stockpile, grabbed a bed, walked over to his farm and planted it, and the one with the injured hammerer. When both of his arms were broken and he was unable to hold his hammer to administer Dwarven Justice, he still went ahead with the punishment, but he bit his victims. This included shaking his head vigorously and tearing their arms off, which he then held in his mouth for years.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: quick healing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:06:30 pm »

Mod out the races' hands, reload, exit, then mod them them back in.

For your second problem my be because your not saving or it isn't saving properly... :P

Atredies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 10:07:59 pm »

I tried that and it didn't work. you change the [BODY:BASIC_3PARTARMS] in the raws right?
I can't think of what else I did wrong.  ???

and yeah, when I try to save it says it "cannot create the filename" and I need to tell it which file to save over.
its not a huge problem but it is annoying.
Tarn Adams: My favorite bugs are the one where the farmer walked over to the furniture stockpile, grabbed a bed, walked over to his farm and planted it, and the one with the injured hammerer. When both of his arms were broken and he was unable to hold his hammer to administer Dwarven Justice, he still went ahead with the punishment, but he bit his victims. This included shaking his head vigorously and tearing their arms off, which he then held in his mouth for years.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. :P

Another way to heal would be to get Dwarf Companion and use the heal tool.

Atredies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 10:39:01 pm »

Thanks for the help. I'll get dwarf companion and see what happens.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 11:18:46 pm »

The easiest way to do this is to go into creatures_standard and put :TAIL at the end of the dwarf body line, load the game, save it, and delete the TAIL entry.  You should also delete the contents of data/objects whenever you alter the raws.
Also known as Zuhayr.