Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What can I do about stress?  (Read 1282 times)

TorryJens

What can I do about stress?
« on: August 21, 2006, 03:01:00 am »

[EDIT:  I thought this was gonna be about tantrums, not pharmaceuticals...]

[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What can I do about stress?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:41:00 am »

Bah, Toady!  This person was probably giving us valuable hints, and you just edited them out.  Now we'll never know how easy it is to calm our dwarves down using free herbal xquibble or whatever.

...hrm, there's an idea if the alchemist gets expanded.  In addition to things that actually work, they could churn out worthless herbal remedies that make dwarves happier as a placebo.  And you could get visiting merchants who sell them for massively overinflated prices, and your dwarves would just wander over and spend all your money...

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:51:00 am »

Yeah a lot of little potions, maybe some baby formula available from the alchemists and I'd totally build one, as long as they were used in the economy and dwarves wanted them

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 08:52:00 pm »

I have a lot of stress!  Now I'll never know what this random unsolicited advertiser wanted to share. =(
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:48:00 pm »

What can you do about stress?
Sounds like you need a trip to the flood room.