Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Your epic deaths?  (Read 8379 times)

Jordo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your epic deaths?
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:50:00 pm »

Sometimes the end of your adventure is the most memorable part of all. My Human, whose name i forget, killed 180 people, mostly by sneaking into their houses at night and choking or chopping them to death. His last kill, a high priest, mortally wounded him before being killed. Looking at the priest in legends, he was nothing special: former farmer and ranger with no notable kills besides me. But then I looked at his wife: turns out, I had killed her a year earlier! So it's a sort of double revenge: he kills me for killing his wife, I kill him for mortally wounding me. Post your own epic deaths!

Sulvor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic deaths?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:34:41 pm »

Blocked 3 iron bolts with my spear, got shot in the leg, fell to the ground, started crawling towards the crossbowman, got shot in the chest, killed him, got shot from behind in the head, instakill.
Sulvor has created a backpack (made out of dwarven babies) and is now a legendary leatherworker

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »

My adventurer almost depopulated the world from elves, when I met another elven civilization, that was not enemy to me. So I decide to walk happily towards the Druid and hammer him during a friendly talk.

My adventurer was Legendary armor user, shield user, hammerman and had all stats maxed out.

I charge at the Druid, he dodges, then counterattacking with one single punch he hits me on the head, killing me instantly. And he didn't even take a scratch!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 06:32:23 pm »

My adventurer almost depopulated the world from elves, when I met another elven civilization, that was not enemy to me. So I decide to walk happily towards the Druid and hammer him during a friendly talk.

My adventurer was Legendary armor user, shield user, hammerman and had all stats maxed out.

I charge at the Druid, he dodges, then counterattacking with one single punch he hits me on the head, killing me instantly. And he didn't even take a scratch!
You've encountered some sort of vile pseudo-offspring of Cacame and Ironblood.

You are now imagining them making the druid in the first place ;3
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 07:06:01 pm »

Research this Druid in Legends.  I expect a full report of their history and related figures by Saturday. ;D

I have 2 deaths.

One was when I had an adventurer clobbered to death by his ally's helmet while fighting a demon.  In their last breaths, the adventurer threw their iron hammer at the demon, smashing it in the chest and clobbering its heart.  The demon yanked out the hammer, only to die from blood loss at the same time as my adventurer.

The second was taking my adventurer that had about 4000 kills and having them leap into a glowing pit.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 12:19:53 am »

I was killing elves  ;D and had wiped out all the retreats in my area so i was taking a nice relaxing stroll in my town when i saw an elf child skipping happly past me , i couldn't have that so i chase him down and slowly punch him to pieces  :P turns out other human kids dont like that so they attack me. i had all squares around me full of evil kids and even more behind them! i was hacking them to pieces killing them all pretty much instantly until i get tired...me thinking oh no tries to escape but theres too many of them (this was a big town) till finally i pass out from over excertion. these kids are breaking my legs and wrestling everything out of my limp body till i regain conscieness. the round before a kid broke my right hand and i attacked him. i punch him in the head blacken both his eyes and get his brain with my broken fist. i die the next round from blood loss and the kid does too :P i took him with me

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 12:23:06 am »

You've encountered some sort of vile pseudo-offspring of Cacame and Ironblood.

You are now imagining them making the druid in the first place ;3

Nah, it was a Jedi elf!

That or the druid is a master of 1,000 forms of martial arts.

moosejuice

• Bay Watcher
  • It ate Urist...WHOLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 01:18:32 am »

I had a legendary Axedwarf who was brought down by an elven arrow to the chest that hit his heart and both lungs. Before he died he threw his axe and chopped off a druids head... or at least thats the way I remember it.
Its very similar to Gravity.

The denser the dwarf, the more likely he'll survive his stupidity...

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:55:28 am »

I was playing an Pikeman and decided to run amok on a dark fortress. I fought my way through all three towers until I found their boss Clown and attacked him.  I got the first shot off and stabbed him through the chest, with the pike getting stuck in there. He then pretty much bitchslaps my head off and one hits me.

My other cool one was when I took an arrow to the chest which pierced my heart, I threw my sword at the archer and disembowled that Elf bastard. I can proudly say that I took him with me.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 05:57:05 am »

I had an adventurer with lots of kills and skills (no pun intended).
Too bad I put [CAN_LEARN] on megabeasts... The adventurer meets a bronze colossus, gets hit and I look at the wounds screen and it's only a brown wound. Still, I retreat but after a few steps away my adventurer has bled to death. Apparently I missed he was bleeding too. From a blunt wound, huh.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 07:21:34 am »

Research this Druid in Legends.  I expect a full report of their history and related figures by Saturday. ;D

I'm sorry but I deleted that world, it was my first time playing Adventurer mode and I though it was my fault, and that all druids were so badass.

Then I noticed my error when my second adventurer (in another world) killed a Druid with a couple shield bashes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 04:44:10 pm »

Ina Gamopirni, human axeman.

Chopping elves/goblins alike, t'was indeed fate she was successful, after epic fight with a demon on top of goblin temple, the Armok must choose her as his avatar. Some skeptics say it was thanks to knocking throw of goblin corpse at that demon, but they're just jealous.

By the way of halberd or thrown iron bolt, the kill count and amount of corpses adorning the soil were growing. She was unstoppable...

...until that day, exactly one year and one day after she started her bloody journey. Another elven retreat, of a new and fresh elven civilization that haven't yet heard about Ina. She emplyed her beloved tactic - hack in the very middle and gather elves into bloody mess there. Ten elves around, slash, bash, they're dead. Fifteen more... twenty more... elven arms, ears and lower bodies flew furiously around when...

A stray ashen arrow, the lucky arrow of some now forgotten elf, pierced through her exceptional, ruby-adorned chain mail, blood-stained platemail and few layers of cloth, straight into the heart. The elves cheered... but she didn't stopped! Child, woodcrafter, trader, other elves still was dying from her furious attacks, she didn't cared about the fountain of blood that her pierced heart produced. Knowing she won't last long, she spotted that lucky bow-elf and tossed her halberd toward him. Seven tiles was the distance between them, but she got perfect hit, severing the head from that slender body.

And only then she fell on the grass, her soul at last going to Valhalla.

------

She was my third adveturer.

But never managed to get someone like her in terms of bloody genocide :<

540+ kills, including a Demon, Titan and Dragon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:46:31 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 11:40:51 pm »

I was a legendary thrower and I was working on the wrestling skill so whats the problem you ask? well a human bowman found me ( I always steal the bolts and arrows from shops to throw) shot me in the arm, the wold i was fighting torn my arm off the one with the arrow, I picked it up and threw it at the bowman broke his neck and i bleed to death shortly after.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 10:17:33 pm »

This isn't my epic death, but it was an epic fight that ended in an epic death for the other guy.
I had modded in a bronze colossus civ and started as a swordsman colossus. I started doing quests for random human and colossus civs, when I got the quest to kill a bronze colossus diplomat in a human city. When I find him, he was standing on top of the castle/tower thing that are in human capitols. We begin to fight and I eventually force him back until he was standing with his back toward the edge. My next attack was a charge that sent us both over the edge, and we tangle midair until we land. His head rolls away, and I claim my new masterwork bronze statue.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:44 pm »

Lol midair matrix fight.You survived the fall but it died? how many zs up was it?
the statement below is true
the statement above is false
Pages: [1] 2 3 4