Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Your epic deaths?  (Read 8385 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic deaths?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 02:20:31 am »

two words

LOYALITY CASADES

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 03:32:51 am »

Between Dwarf mode I try to kill the champions of the Human villages. I was a spear man named Suwu  The other guy was a Champion Bowman. I finally kill him when an axe man and a spear man run up. I kill the axeman before the spear man gets too close. Fighting he mortally wounds me just as I kill him and I bleed to death at the same time.
The next game I went to the same town which was called Pricetwinkles. I did the same time except with a Crossbowman. After killing him all these children start appearing. I get swarmed and kill most of them but I eventually die. I decided to try again but as soon as I spawn I get challenged by a champion xbowman called Ushav Exitflies. He begins shooting me from the top floor. After several attempts I get to him and kill him I begin to walk out the door.  Some random guy begins shooting me. Before I bleed to death a random lasher runs in and begins to attack him then a swordman runs  and attacks the  lasher. Now every time I come back the whole town just is randomly attacking each other.

Haha that would be so awesome to watch.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 04:51:18 pm »

I fight a dwarf child with a new modded creature; the child in one single combat turn lopped off 3 of my limbs and crushed me into a tree.

Turns out that i my attempt to mod a monster with huge damblock and speed, but I forgot that speed works reverse, and made the damblock so high it overflowed into some negative number.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 07:38:14 am »

A short, kinda dumb one.

Just now, I was playing adventurer mode. I entered a cave. I was walking along, minding my own business when HOLYCRAPAGIANTCAVESPIDEROUTOFNOWHERE.

Somehow, my swordswoman managed to slice it in two with a single hit. Amused, I carried on. As I left, his buddy showed his disgruntlement by wiping the floor with me.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 11:26:52 pm »

Blocked 3 iron bolts with my spear, got shot in the leg, fell to the ground, started crawling towards the crossbowman, got shot in the chest, killed him, got shot from behind in the head, instakill.

Most honorable way out.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 07:59:35 am »

Wow, blocking bolts with a spear. That's actually quite hard (at least IRL).

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 06:55:38 pm »

Not if you where awesome!...Yer that was lame.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »

I have a not-so-epic one. I'm using the legendary lands mod and decided, for once, to play as a kobold. I was getting a lot of combat spam from a chaos spawn (big demon-y thing with tentacles) that was fighting about 20 allies. I ran over and charged it with my spear trying to be a heroic super-kobold, got webbed, and promptly got my head smashed in.
Super-kobold=FAIL
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2010, 07:23:33 pm »

My first encounter with a carp..(or 10)

Hmmm....carp can only get fishing dwarves can't they? (and even then, they can't be that bad...) Not drinking dwarves right?

~dwarves all go to river~
"OH GOD THE BLOOOOOOOOD!"

This was my first dead dwarf too...how sad.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 02:10:25 am »

I love it how the blood flows down the rivers.It would be so awesome to have a river of blood or vomit.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 11:00:53 am »

With a bit of experimenting with pocket worlds, I successfully depopulated all the major races, the sole megabeast, and all 3 semi-megabeasts.  I then climbed to the summit of the only volcano and jumped into the exposed magma pipe.  I died before I could kill any of it's inhabitants.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 12:21:02 pm »

I was playing with my own species, a legendary spearman, thrower, shield user and wrestler. I decided it'd be fun to attack a high priest. Turned out it wasn't;

My first hit was to pierce his upper body, and by doing so, I pierced his heart and both lungs. The next moment he tried to hit me, and I dodged..

I dodged right into some bassin on the lowers floor of the temple..

and my creature can't swim.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

kwon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 01:34:03 pm »

I intended to train my block skill up a bit so that I don't get raped by that giant.
Turns out that 4 Red Back Spiders raped me :/
Not epic, but ironic  :D

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 02:22:19 pm »

I got swarmed by 9 of those things once. The entire screen was covered by webs.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 12:17:49 am »

This happened JUST now.

I am a rogue junker robot who kills his own civilization because he lost the contact with the source signal.
I enter the tavern and a ranger junker who is the leader of the town starts to shoot iron bolts from his pneumatic arbalest.
I catch 4 bolts while moving towards him. I am deadly wounded because my central fuel pump is damaged and exhaust engine is breached. I gather my last energy, rip off a bolt out of my torso case and throw it back. It pierces the ranger's exhaust engine the moment my CPU is switched off. His CPU is switched off ten seconds later.

P.S. Notice the distance and the fact that I have NO experience in throwing. And the chance to hit the vital organ. And the fact that it's the first time I play adv. mode in my new mod. Woot.

P.S. In case you wonder, this is how these guys look:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:21:33 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4