Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your epic deaths?  (Read 8383 times)

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic deaths?
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 05:24:35 am »

My most epic death I can think of now is probably rather common but it just feels so awesome anyway.

I was going around killing random people in towns just for fun but then there came a crossbowman and started firing at me. I was caught in the open and had no chance to escape so I go for the heroic rush. I manage to run all the way to him without being hit once and slash at him with my sword. I manage to slash his throat and knock him over, but (while falling?) he shoots me in the heart. I slash again and hits some random bodypart killing him, then I crawl away and dies a few feet away.

I envision it that he shoot me while falling and getting the luckiest hit ever.
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »

I consider this epic:

I started a new guy, Expert Swordsman and skilled Shield user.  I walked into a house and found a spearman.  I decide I want her as one of my homies, so I ask her to join me, of course she tells me "It is I who would lead you, but blah blah blah."  I thought "Oh, you would, huh?" as I took a swing at her.  She pushed me down and impaled me with the spear, first round of combat and I was dead.  I imagine she said "Yes, I would"

I'll get my revenge.
Shoes...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 06:24:34 pm »

You should look her up in world gen, see if she did anything important in her life.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:33 pm »

My most epic death? I was playing a modded in race, size 10, some damblock, no armour, explodes on death. I'd been slaughtering a human town, and decided to go visit the tavern, to see if anyone was hiding there. They were, masses of children and one elite crossbowman on the raised area. I quickly charge towards the stairs, smashing the children who cross my path out of the way, and constantly taking light wound from the crossbow fire. I'm nearly at the crossbowman, then suddenly a fish cleaner (or some over useless profession that turns lethal in adventure mode) leading a load more kids attacks me. I try to smash them off, but they slow me down long enough for me to tire, and for the crossbowman to get a lethal hit on me. But my slaughter didn't end with my death- I exploded killing everyone who was wrestling with me. In the end only the crossbowman survived, perhaps out of the entire town.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2010, 08:25:04 pm »

Lol.Whats the code for the RAW to make you blowup after you die?
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:05 pm »

You've got to make an item that has a boiling point of 0, and then add an [ITEMCORPSE: made out of it. For example, in my pokemon mod I had Golem Self-destruct when he died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Add this to your matgloss_metal.txt

[ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SELFDESTRUCT] <--- Add this to your creature of choice. They'll drop an exploding statue upon death, thus covering everyone in a boiling cloud of metal.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:08 am »

Haha awesome thanks.Exploding puppys as front line defense?

My legendary spearman/wrestler/shield wielder/thrower just got killed by a 6 year old elf...I pierce his heat, left lung, right foot and bruise some other things and I still lost. I bring shame to all dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:19:38 am by xdarkcodex »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 11:02:15 am »

This happened JUST now.

I am a rogue junker robot who kills his own civilization because he lost the contact with the source signal.
I enter the tavern and a ranger junker who is the leader of the town starts to shoot iron bolts from his pneumatic arbalest.
I catch 4 bolts while moving towards him. I am deadly wounded because my central fuel pump is damaged and exhaust engine is breached. I gather my last energy, rip off a bolt out of my torso case and throw it back. It pierces the ranger's exhaust engine the moment my CPU is switched off. His CPU is switched off ten seconds later.

P.S. Notice the distance and the fact that I have NO experience in throwing. And the chance to hit the vital organ. And the fact that it's the first time I play adv. mode in my new mod. Woot.

P.S. In case you wonder, this is how these guys look:

FILES! NAO!

i want to play as robots :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2010, 11:06:11 am »

After killing most of the guards and the other population from an elven retreat, the Druid popped up from behind a tree, bashed me in the head and knocked me uncouncious.
Then he proceeded to beat the crap out of me with half a dozen of elf children.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:07:57 am by Mindmaker »

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2010, 03:32:36 pm »

Back in Civilization forge I was running around as a Silver Xellic, randomly wiping out humans. I made it to about 58 when I entered a town that I didn't think I would be enemies with. I used gold coins as throwing projectiles, though after having my legs and stomach shot out from under me I climbed up to the second floor of the ledge under crossbow fire, getting hit in my shoulders and arms before managing to impale the Legendary Crossbowman in the head, piercing both eyes and destroying his nose.

None of my adventuring party helped at all, and just stood around while I was being shot full of bolts.

Hunterdew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2010, 04:17:34 pm »

Killing goblins, standard fare.

Surrounded by the guard of one goblin outpost, I rush towards one member and knock him and myself into a lake. His cohorts follow, and everyone is battling it out in this lake. Suddenly, night falls and the lake freezes over.

Died after being encased in ice. As unrealistic as that seems, (a lake wouldn't all freeze at once, would it?) I can imagine everyone still frozen in the positions they were in during the fight (most likely my sword going through a goblin) akin to Vesuvius. If they would stay frozen like that, I could imagine passers-by looking down and seeing the battle just frozen in time. Then I had the weird thought that it could be possible for my adventurer to be resuscitated, since he wasn't drowning at the time and his body is still basically preserved along with everything else in there.
Hunterdew cancels having a life: Playing Dwarf Fortress

Cackle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 04:36:39 pm »

You've got to make an item that has a boiling point of 0, and then add an [ITEMCORPSE: made out of it. For example, in my pokemon mod I had Golem Self-destruct when he died.

[ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SELFDESTRUCT] <--- Add this to your creature of choice. They'll drop an exploding statue upon death, thus covering everyone in a boiling cloud of metal.

[DEEP] makes it like FUNMETAL with FUNNY THINGS nearby, right? cus i would like to make a wiledlife thinger but i dont want to screw up my HFS.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:38:28 pm by Cackle »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 05:03:56 pm »

[DEEP] makes it like FUNMETAL with FUNNY THINGS nearby, right? cus i would like to make a wiledlife thinger but i dont want to screw up my HFS.

No no no. 'Metal' with [DEEP] restrics civ's from using/trading it. 'Rock' with [DEEP] makes it appearing around HFS.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 03:48:36 am »

I just tried adventure mode with [embedded] tag for all the body parts and I ripped the priest brain,lungs,heart,guts,live,eyes,nose,mouth, ears out and I ripped all his toes and fingers off!I thought nothing could stop me but a bolt that pierced my lungs and killed me...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]