Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: I can only assume the worst.  (Read 8521 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: I can only assume the worst.
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 03:24:05 pm »

It's still the holidays anyways. Even if he isn't sick he's probably just spending time with family.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 03:29:11 pm »

I still have my vote on the "Armok's (Potential)Death Flu" read disclaimer once aquiring flu... "Certain parties of high enough magnitude of absolutely awesome may survive the flu, just most don't."
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 06:16:22 pm »

I would like to officially declare that I did NOT send this flu, and that I wish Toady all helth.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 06:26:36 pm »

Toady is still sick.  His fever returned last night and he spent all day in bed.  He is awake now and is in a good mood and is mostly making sense.  To pass time, we have been compiling a list of all the video games we have played in our lives and asking if it was the setting, or the mechanics that made them our favorites.  That, and watching the I was Bitten / Forensic Files marathons on tv.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 06:29:11 pm »

Good to hear that he is starting to feel somewhat better. :)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 06:37:11 pm »

It looks like I am not used to see people for days in a bed because a flu, maybe because I never did. When I get flu I get only one or two days of fever, and I can even work while on fever.

Well, it's not the rest Toady deserved, but at least I hope he makes the better of it to clean his head of dwarves, ASCII and angry forumites!

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 06:51:31 pm »

Toady is still sick.  His fever returned last night and he spent all day in bed.  He is awake now and is in a good mood and is mostly making sense.  To pass time, we have been compiling a list of all the video games we have played in our lives and asking if it was the setting, or the mechanics that made them our favorites.  That, and watching the I was Bitten / Forensic Files marathons on tv.

I kinnda wanna know what this list is
Thank you based dwarf.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 08:24:06 pm »

Seconding curiosity in that list.

Also, I'm glad to hear Toady's feeling a bit better. :)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 08:27:53 pm »

Forensics Files is the best man.

The best.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 08:28:10 pm »

in other news, reports of Toady's untimely demise proved unfounded when. . .
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 09:30:28 pm »

I'm glad to see that Tarn's doing a little bit better. Sounds like though he still has a bit a ways to go before recoving. But at least he's seem to be coming along since he's starting to make sense now.

Make me wonder if he'll be able to do the Monthly report. But at least for now he should continue to rest for now. Anyways thanks for the update threetoe and keep us posted every few days. ^^
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 01:26:45 pm »

speaking of a list of videogames, can you post that list here? I remember toady mentioning games on DF talk and I've been interested in trying them out. I just can't remember them and don't have 7 hours to kill listen for them again. If toady liked it then chances are it's a good game.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 01:28:08 pm »

I want to see what a fever does to DF programming. Hell, he should write up some ideas for new HFS while he has a fever. This idea cannot go wrong!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 01:46:04 pm »

I want to see what a fever does to DF programming. Hell, he should write up some ideas for new HFS while he has a fever. This idea cannot go wrong!
I remember having to write a report while in a feverish state. I'd randomly black out but continue to write. What it ended up as was a report on neurochemistry and random interjections about punching sea donkeys and eating my own foot.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 02:20:10 pm »

Neurochemistry, foot in your mouth? :)

Get well toady! *post-t-atch
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6