Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Mode: Skill for Military: Discipline

(1/2) > >>

Dumatoin:
If a leads a squad, they gain skill in this. The more skill they have, the better they are at getting their squad members to their points when put on duty.The higher a squad leader has this skill the more troops he can directly lead ie, he can have 100 dwarves directly under him. As oppsed to having 5 dwarves under him with 5 dwarves under each of them. Or perhaps the 5 under 5 would be harder to control.Squad members can gain this skill while being in a squad. And while being in a squad, this is how well they follow orders. Thoughts?

Nite/m4re:
I like it. Maybe could also decrease the chance of a dwarf charging alone a enemy,  getting out of post to eat, etc... When the army arc is in, you could choose generals to command sieges.. would be awesome to have this skill.

jonnym:
this would fit perfectly with the army arc, i could see this actually being implemented in to the game. However you could expand on what the increase in this skill could give to the player, it seems that it could effect advanced military tactics eg adept genrals could order his marksdwarfs to fire in volleys at specific targets instead of the sqaud firing randomly at the closest target.maybe we could order the genral to intimidate the enemy and strike fear in to the hearts of the puny elves! or tell them to cower and flee inside where the enemy could be trapped and slaugtered!I like this idea, i really hope this would be put in the game with army arc

Align:
Only if the problem with entire squads following their squad leader to bed is eliminated.

Draco18s:
quote:Originally posted by Align:
<STRONG>Only if the problem with entire squads following their squad leader to bed is eliminated.</STRONG>Seconded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version