Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: The Bay12 Time Capsule  (Read 17562 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Time Capsule
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:38 am »

Oh and for next year, 2011. I hope to get past school. Finish my game programming books, maybe make a small project, and maybe get a girlfriend.

Oh, and stop being such a douchebag.
Still in Minecraft, still a douchebag (Online only, it's expected of me.)

In a Java programming class, but the teach is a fucking retard and a hobo could teach me better.

Small project? Try 400. Newest one is the damn giant city I'm building with Minecraft community. That's already causing problems.

Girlfriend? Not yet, getting there though, I think a got a pretty good shot at it.

----
Resolution until the end of the year:

1. Try to actually build something on Minecraft
2. Pass my classes.
3. Get a girlfriend.
4. Hell, why not, stop being such a douchebag.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2011, 12:55:12 pm »

Progress report:

✓ Take up photography once I get my smartphone.  I've always wanted to.  (Don't have a centralized location yet)
Get that novel written, or at least cut it down to a novella.  Either way:  write it.
✓ Go further north in Canada than Vancouver.    (A concert in Squamish!)
✓ Boat.  (Built one with some friends.  It held all three of us and didn't sink while we paddled around for a couple hours.  Duct tape can do ANYTHING.)
Get one of my game projects to a playable state.
Lose twenty pounds.
✓ Finally drag someone with me to Wild Waves.  (Best date EVER)
Even just once, play in a band.  (Defined as:  playing along with someone else, live.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2011, 08:11:07 pm »

By this time next year or possibly the year after, learn the guitar a bit. That's all I'm committing to.

Maybe the Ukelele as well because damn, Israel.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2011, 09:15:47 pm »

So little time left, and still no girlfriend.

However, I would swap the learn programming goal, to a more vague "learn/do something useful on the computer" so for example learning html would work for me. As well as making a game maker game.

I seriously need to hurry up.

Also I already know my goals for next year, even though I should write them on december 31.

-pass maturity exams
-get a job
-move out (I don't really expect to succeed at this one)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2011, 09:33:27 pm »

Maybe the Ukelele as well because damn, Israel.

Jake Shimabukuro~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2011, 11:21:54 pm »

Oh, fuck it.  I have a vague aspiration to kiss a girl.

Worst time capsule resolution, or worst time capsule resolution?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:25 pm »

Hey, if that's what you want to do, go for it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2011, 11:33:43 pm »

Welcome to the club.  It's pretty big, and you're in good company.  And bad company, but don't worry about that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:10 pm »

I'll be honest, it depends on the girl and the motivations for the aspiration. Acting under the assumption that the girl is not, oh, let's say a ravenous space beast, and you aren't being compelled by threats against your family, then I would say that is probably a fine resolution.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2011, 11:37:05 pm »

Given the length of the relationship it took last time to have kissing involved (about a year), I'm not sure this is going to work out so well.

Maybe within the next 5 years, though.  If I find the right girl.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2011, 11:38:09 pm »

Vector, I think I'm stealing this.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2011, 11:38:25 pm »

Best time capsule resolution.

And it's not THAT hard, really.  I guess it depends on your friend circles, but with the (monogamous-ish?) people I hang out with, it would be as simple as asking.  Come on, half of them wanna try it too.

Given the length of the relationship it took last time to have kissing involved (about a year), I'm not sure this is going to work out so well.

Maybe within the next 5 years, though.  If I find the right girl.
Oh.  Well, if you want kissing to be exclusively a thing that happens within a long and committed relationship, that makes things more complicated.  But that's not what you said.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2011, 11:41:54 pm »

Ohhh, you meant as a general principle. In that case I can offer no pithy insights or witty remarks, although I do seem to have a pretty high opinion of myself tonight!

Good luck, though!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2011, 11:42:20 pm »

Actually, that's mostly the amount of time it takes before, when I start moving towards someone, my desire not to do any touchy things isn't so powerful that I basically recoil as though I bounced off a wall.

With my friend circles, it would be much easier to snog a gay mathematician.  Vis-a-vis percentages.

That is kind of weird, when you have more gay male math friends than female friends of any flavor...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2011, 11:51:13 pm »

Actually, that's mostly the amount of time it takes before, when I start moving towards someone, my desire not to do any touchy things isn't so powerful that I basically recoil as though I bounced off a wall.

With my friend circles, it would be much easier to snog a gay mathematician.  Vis-a-vis percentages.

That is kind of weird, when you have more gay male math friends than female friends of any flavor...
I see what I choose to assume you did thar.

No relevant things to say, though, other'n that your mode of feeling, as expressed in the first sentence, interests me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17