Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

View contents of stockpile, value of bins

(1/1)

Derakon:
Pretty straightforward - it'd be nice to be able to view the contents of a stockpile, so I can see e.g. which ones are close to capacity, where my hydra skins are, and the like. It'd also be nice, when looking at a bin, to be able to view the aggregated value of the items in the bin (and each item's value in the column listing all the things in the bin), just as you can on the trading screen.

Nukeitall:
Additionally I'd like to see the storage lists be less worthless then they are now. Autoclaiming the stone makes me annoyed.

numerobis:
quote:Originally posted by Derakon:
<STRONG>where my hydra skins are</STRONG>Unless I'm missing something, you can do this with 'z' screen, 'stocks', hit tab, look up tanned hides (near the cloth; I have trouble finding it every time).I'm definitely missing something in the "tell what is in a stockpile" suggestion.Knowing the value of a bin or a cage or whatever would be great.

Draco18s:
I'd also like to mark items for dumping and melting from the bin inventory list instead of the bin itself.

Derakon:
quote:Originally posted by benoit.hudson:
<STRONG>I'm definitely missing something in the "tell what is in a stockpile" suggestion.</STRONG>Well, the hydra skins thing was a bit of random silliness, really. The value in knowing what all is in a stockpile is mainly in knowing how well-stocked the stockpile is and if you need to rebalance things any. Thus it's mostly useful for stockpiles that are binned and approaching capacity, so you can easily check if you need to rebalance things or tweak the stockpile settings. As an example, I have a stockpile next to my smelters/forges that is absolutely full of bars. That's 42 bins, all full. It'd be nice to have a straightforward way to see what's in those bins without having to look at each one in sequence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version