Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

May want to revise minimum requirements.

(1/3) > >>

Jaqie Fox:
The game is running @10 fps on my Toshiba Libretto 70CT.  P120MMX, 32MB ram, Windows XP Professional SP2.I can provide a screenshot if needed.

Devastator:
32 MB ram, XP sp2.  I'm suprised it even boots.

Jaqie Fox:
nLite.

Axle Gear:
Uhm, I would say, NO.Considering that windows XP requires 192 MB to run with all features functional, and 128 MB to theoretically run at all...If every game-maker used requirements based on individual tweaked rigs and custom OSs, they'd spend years on development time just to figure out what the hell it'd run on.  =/
"Halo 2 will run on most Vista compatible systems, provided they're not running Vista, in which case they need an additional 256 MB of RAM since Vista will use all available.  It will also run on Bob Hershey's PC, but will not function on Tybalt Lanahan's.  If your system was dipped in a lye solution to encourage pyramid-shaped octahedrons in the silicon, and was successful within the 0.0000062% probability, you will be able to run Halo 2 with 64 MB of RAM, unless..."Besides, I wouldn't run DF at all on less than 1.5 GHz.  My 1.8 GHz AMD64 1 GHz FSB Venice, with 2 GB PC3200 DDR dual channel, and X550 128 MB PCIe x16 video card, I get ~30 FPS at 110 dorfs and ~50 aminalz.[ March 21, 2007: Message edited by: Axle Gear ]

Mechanoid:
quote:Originally posted by Devastator:
<STRONG>32 MB ram, XP sp2.  I'm suprised it even boots.</STRONG> I would be surprised if Windows 98 would boot. I too have an ancient 120Mhz comp, but it has at least 128MB of RAM; 256MB tops...
I'll keep it blunt.Running StarCraft on this computer will cause framerate issues, and it is nowhere near the calibur of Dwarf Fortress.
I think it's time to upgrade. 3Ghz, 2 Gigs of RAM; when you hit 200 dwarves you'll still get your framerates' ass kicked around, but you'll get a stable 60 frames per second at for at least the first 100 dwarves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version