Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A few noob questions.  (Read 5202 times)

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few noob questions.
« on: January 01, 2010, 09:14:32 pm »

I just want to say first that I am loving Liberal Crime squad. Probably too much, as I'm a passionate, outspoken liberal in real life.  ;D

I've burned through probably six or seven unsuccessful squads, none of them ever making it past having more than 3 or 4 recruits before being cut to pieces. My latest squad demonstrates a considerable improvement over my first attempts (admittedly because of savescumming, but I figure I'm learning so it's ok), but I naturally still have a few questions.

1. I'm having trouble figuring out how to affect the following issues: death penalty, gay rights, and gun control. I have no idea who I could kill, where I could attack, or whatever else I could do to change the public opinion.

2. What practical purpose does flying a flag/burning it have?

3. What sort of characters are effective as sleepers? I have 3 judges and a lawyer, but what other people should I look out for?

4. I have a business front and a printing press with 120 days of food set up at a safe house. To save money, I put all of my legal fund-raising liberals at the homeless shelter, and the violent/wanted ones at the safe house. Is this a good idea?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: A few noob questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:47:01 pm »

1)  I believe attacking the court house will affect all three of those issues.  For the death penalty you can also attack the prison and for gun control any murders with firearms will affect those issues.  Giving speeches at a broadcast location will affect a random issue, including these.  Also cultural sleepers are your friends.

2)  Flag flying makes your safehouse slightly more discrete.  Flag burning has a slight effect on free speech.

3)  The best sleepers are cultural icons, news anchors, scientists, CEO's, etc.

4)  Sounds pretty good, the legal guys should be safe.  On the other hand, in the event of a siege, the wanted guys won't have as many friends backing them up.  In sieges, numbers=win.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Crossley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 04:31:06 am »

I have a question. Is there a complete list anywhere of which issues are affected by which activities?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:21:49 am »

We try not to keep one of those around to maintain plausible deniability when people try the games methods out in real life.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:59:12 pm »

We try not to keep one of those around to maintain plausible deniability when people try the games methods out in real life.

I can only imagine what will happen if Fox news finds this game. Although, there are dozens of right-wing militias that discuss violence blatantly on their forums. If we're just talking about a game, an ASCII one at that, I don't think anyone would mind.

Besides that, I would actually prefer not to have the list spoiled. Besides the ones I'm stumped on, everything else seems to make sense.

Also, after my violent squad broke into the cable news station for their "guest appearance", I've noticed that the heat for my business front hideout is 37%. What can I do to decrease that?

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 01:10:56 pm »

Also, after my violent squad broke into the cable news station for their "guest appearance", I've noticed that the heat for my business front hideout is 37%. What can I do to decrease that?

Abandon the safehouse for a while. Move your squads somewhere else.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 02:08:05 pm »

Heat ultimately comes from the individual, however, so the new safehouse will gain heat too. If your wanted liberals do some community service, you can slightly reduce their heat income, but it's not a quick process.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 03:28:56 pm »

If your liberal with high heat has a very high law skill, you've got access to sleeper judges/lawyers, or can afford to hire the ace liberal lawyer, then you could just get arrested. Going to trial will rid your liberal of heat. The downside to this is that you run the risk of being sent to prison/death row.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 11:56:52 pm »

check there crime first by savescumming
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 04:06:32 am »

The greatest crime of the liberal should be on their profile.

2)  Flag flying makes your safehouse slightly more discrete.  Flag burning has a slight effect on free speech.

By slight, in regards to flying a flag, we mean 30% added... ::)

Question: Can my liberals get arrested while volunteering?  I like the ability for them to lose heat, but:
Death Penalty=Arch-Conservative-->Failed Trial=Death
Unless I jailbreak the liberals, but then they never get clear records, and keep mondo heat.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 11:29:45 pm »

I can only imagine what will happen if Fox news finds this game.
Brb, E-mail.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:54:11 pm »

I can only imagine what will happen if Fox news finds this game.
Brb, E-mail.
Brb, FBI.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 01:43:11 am »

Screw fox news. I wanna hear what Hugo Chavez has to say about it...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 03:47:24 am »

But I am Fox News. As proof, I include a report I wrote back in 2004:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:07 am »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiierd.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: [1] 2 3