Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: The Cavemen!  (Read 29882 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cavemen!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 04:03:38 pm »

Use rabbit sinew to tie a sharp rock to wood stick. Use the other to cut meat.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 04:05:31 pm »

Sadly, all the wood is burning.

Wood gatherer takes 3 others to get a lot more wood.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 04:08:37 pm »

The wood gatherer takes the 2 women out with him along with the stone gatherer. We hastely teaches the others what he has learnt for him self. The rest are on standby to add more fuel to the burning flames.

The sun slants lower in the sky, the light now slightly fading but at it's most beautiful. On the horrizon, to the far north, a line of four large dots can be seen.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 04:14:42 pm »

If rabbit is cooked, or warmed at least, have one of the men cut the rabbit into strips. Eat food if they're hungry. (I suspect they are.)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »

The wood gatherers have collected 5 sticks between them.

The rabbit is warmed, from what the cavemen can see it is uncertain wether it is cooked or not but they wouldn't know anyway. Neither of the stones is sharp enough to cut through the meat.

All seven members are beginning to feel rather hungry from their day's work.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 04:25:27 pm »

Stick a stick in the fire.

Rip the rabbit into 7 pieces.
Each have two berries.
Eat it.

Later, 5 cavepeoples go to sleep, two stay up to watch for a while.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 04:31:39 pm »

The wood gatherers return to the fire and place the wood into the fire.

The rabbit is ripped into 7 peices. The meat is a tender brown. Berries are shared around and eaten. After eating the cavemen and women go to sleep with two staying up on watch.

The sun rises.

The two men who stayed up all night are VERY tired. All of the Cavemen and women are having sharp stomach pains and are feeling slightly sick. The hunters are quite thirsty and the others are reasonably thirsty.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 04:34:17 pm »

I said 'A while' silly cavemen.

Look for water as a group. Eat more berries.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 04:36:37 pm »

They all eat the remainder of the berries but this doesn't make their stomachs better. The river is a far way to the West. It is more than a days walk, yet it is the only obvious source of water.

The sun is rising in the sky to the east.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 04:37:45 pm »

Pick up all our crap and head west, gathering and looking for better sources of food and water as we go.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 04:44:06 pm »

The stone gatherer and a woman pick up all of the rocks.

We have no more crap.

We head west and amass some more wood, berries and a rabbit on the way. We have reached the edge of the river, it is flowing fast and the mud is squidgy.

The members are EXTREMELY thristy.

The members are VERY hungry.

The sun slants dangerously towards the west. The sky is a deep orange.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 04:46:17 pm »

Realize the fact that the berries gathered were most likely poisonous. Do not gather those types of berries except for warfare.  Eat berries that were gathered, set up same thing with stones and wood, and cook the rabbit. Save one piece of wood for using rabbit sinew to tie a sharp rock to wood stick

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 04:47:30 pm »

Drink, look for shelter.

If found, build a fire and eat some berries. Cook the rabbit, for longer this time, then eat it.

If not, eat berries, PANIC WILDLY.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 04:50:34 pm »

The members drop their stuff and drink madly.

The members set up the cooker and cook the rabbit for what is thought to be longer than the first time. You share around the same Tiny Orange berries.

Everybody is Tired

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 05:20:58 pm »

Have the cavemen go to sleep, but have them rotate a two-caveman watch every 3 hours through the night.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27