Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: The Cavemen!  (Read 29664 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
The Cavemen!
« on: January 02, 2010, 02:59:02 pm »

Another Strategy!!

You start with 7 cavemen, no less intelligent then the modern man, but you lack the resources or technology.

Your task: to survive; Hunt, Steal or develop the growth of food. Find water, scout the area and discover others of your species and continue developement.

You start with 7 dwarves cavemen. You have 2 Women and 5 Men. You have nothing, they have no skills.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: The Cavemen!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 03:04:08 pm »

Send 3 men out hunting.

Get the women gathering fruit/veg.

One of the other men gathers wood.

Last man looks out for anything that might be bad news.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:07:50 pm »

One man looks around.

You are in a shrubby area, filled with plants. In the distance far to the west are Trees, the other vegetation sprawls on for miles and miles in other directions.

Rabbits can be seen in the mid distance, grazing.

You send 2 women off looking for berries, which are in abundance. The men hurry off towards the rabbits.

You have 1 free man.

It is mid-morning.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 03:14:20 pm »

He gathers sharp stones.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 03:20:35 pm »

The three men are having a bad time hunting, they managed to grab a rabbit once, but they have had no luck.

The women are having better luck, but they do not have much Idea what they are looking for. Between them they have gathered 5 Tiny Ornage berries from one bush.

One man goes of in search for Wood, but has found none in the local area.

Another man searches for sharp stones in the shrubs.

A small black smudge line in the sky was spotted in the furthest of distances to the east.

It is getting on to mid day

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »

One of the hunters gives up and explores the area.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 03:30:11 pm »

The wood gatherer has found 2 woody branches that are quite small.

The women have some idea for what they are looking for, namely larger shrubs which have a distinct leaf shape. These shrubs harbour the most berries. They have now got 15 Tiny Orange berries. But they are running out of room to carry them all.

One man has given up his role as a hunter and has decided to explore the local area, the east is slightly more uphill than the west and very far away is a blue line that could indicate water. The trees to the west are low trees and are about as tall as two men.

The hunter's run of bad luck continue.

The other man has found one rather sharp stone. It is grey and dull looking.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:14:43 pm by Hoborobo234 »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 03:36:23 pm »

The women shall stop gathering, and return to the cave. They also bring some of the leaves back with them.

Hunters keep on flailing around in the undergrowth.

Explore returns to help them.

Stone man keeps it up.
Wood man keeps it up.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 03:41:04 pm »

The women return to the cave, which is little more than a cleft in the ground, with their berries and some assorted leaves.

The explorer returns to help the hunters.

One of the hunters managed to rip up the ground around a shallow rabbit hole and in the resulting event one had been caught by a hunter. He had no idea what to do with it though and smashed it's head in. Resulting in a bloody mass. The rest of the rabbits, have scattered.

Stone Gatherer has found another reasonable stone. He now has two stones of equal properties.

Wood Gatherer has found 2 more sticks. He has now got 4 sticks.

It is early afternoon.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:15:26 pm by Hoborobo234 »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 03:45:24 pm »

Everyone comes home with their loot.

Stone boy bangs the stones together, experimentally.
Women gather dry glass from around the cave.
Wood boy piles the wood neatly.
One of the hunters throws away anything that smells bad about the rabbit.
The rest practice fighting.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 03:48:30 pm »

Everybody returns home with their loot.

Dry grass is gathered from the women from around the cave mouth. The wood is piled into a meager stack. A hunter picks away some mushy stuff from around the rabbit's neck and some blue stuff from its leg. Two men stand and punch each other. Another man bangs to rocks together and finds that a certain patch of the rock makes funny orange stuff when it is brought together with enough force.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 03:51:58 pm »

The grass goes on the wood pile.
While stone boy smacks rocks together above it, one of the women blows gently on the pile.

The others look for big, flat, pick-up-able rocks.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 03:56:55 pm »

The grass is dumped onto the wood pile.

One woman kneels down and blows gently. As the man smacks the rocks together in the right place above the pile. An orange thing falls onto the grass and the blowing makes it grow bigger. The group is in awe of this specticle.

Acheivement Unlocked: Thin Black Line: Discover fire -- The world knows where you are.

The stone gatherer looks for large flat rocks that are big enough to carry, there is no shortage of them in the undergrowth.

The fire is crackling.

The sun is at 45 degrees, the evening is starting.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:18:03 pm by Hoborobo234 »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 04:00:32 pm »

Stack the rocks around the fire, putting the largest over it.

Leave gaps between the rocks for air.

Put the rabbit on the big rock.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 04:02:58 pm »

The stack the rock accordingly and create an area where you can heat substances.

You place the headless rabbit aboard the Largest rock.

The fire is burning low.

The sun is slanting lower. The sky is a soft amber

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27