Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drop the backpack, now! and A&W or W&A?  (Read 1207 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Drop the backpack, now! and A&W or W&A?
« on: January 02, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »

Working on getting eight of my champions to train with crossbows and the other two to wield my two artifact battleaxes  ;D  But of course, they can't practice or spar because they've ripped each other's belongings off and refuse to drop them.  How do I get my champions to drop those backpacks (and those other items) that they've wrestled off of each other?  Are there other ways besides forbidding and dumping that will do the trick?

And while I'm at it, I'm builidng a 10z obsidian tower with water and magma.  Should I fill the mold with acid or water--er, magma or water first?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:17:10 pm by Euld »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drop the backpack, now! and A&W or W&A?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 05:26:33 pm »

Try removing the hands and/or arms to make them drop the stuff. Removing the thought tag from the brain may work. I warn you though, you can end up with clothes in some really wierd places.

In a previous fort while I was trying to make a champion drop some piece of clothing and I ended up with clothes in some pretty hilarious places, at one point one of my champions was wearing a sock on each eye, LOLZ!

When I stopped trying to do it (I don't remember if it worked for what I was doing), I ended up with one of my champions wearing a shoe on the lower leg. Yet the chain leggings fit somehow.

If you have any moods going on that you don't want cancelled, be careful, or just wait til the mood is finished.

Edit: For unowned stuff like armor and weapons, you should just be able to mark the items for dumping, not sure about the backpacks or the artifact weapons though.

Foehamster

• Bay Watcher
  • Zig Frostrushes The Speachless Eater of Saints
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 07:47:59 pm »

And while I'm at it, I'm builidng a 10z obsidian tower with water and magma.  Should I fill the mold with acid or water--er, magma or water first?

Magma first.  Extra puddles of water are more easily managed than pools of magma.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:26:59 am »

If you remove the hands, they will grab it with something else.
I recall a thread of someone having a champion not dropping an artifact crossbow, he removed his hands and the champion was holding the crossbow with his lower body.
You have to remove their brain (so they get uncouncious).
You will get a couple pages of "Urist McDwarf cancel whatever: too injured" but only that.