Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Oops I accidently made a black hole in the brook. Over a rock.

(1/3) > >>

Azkanan:
Alright, here's the scenario. I've made a human wooden village with wooden walls, with a brook running through the middle.
People are starting to get annoyed, and want a well - which requires a mechanism. A stone mechanism.

Whilst digging out the channel (moat) which crossed across the brook, I noticed it created Granite in the water (7/7). So, now I need to grab that granite, somehow. (Bug #1?)
I've noticed in previous forts, that dropped ground from above creates walls below.

So! I channeled across the brook, and built a hanging floor above the channeled-out brook, connected with stairs. Then removed the stairs... Nothing happened, just lost some logs in the water.
So, I did the same again, except with about 4 levels of 1x4 walls above the channeled water...

Now here's the magic. It dropped, the remover got blown backwards into a pool and shortly drowned, and a black hole appeared underneath the wood-in-the-channel. The water began to drain, slowly, into a side-ways grey 8, sort of like a boulder.
Now my brook is down to 1/7, and I can reach the random rocks. Hooray.

Will post pictures shortly, after uploading.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fossaman:
First off, constructed walls collapse into their constituent elements when collapsed.

Second, it sounds like you've hit an aquifer. If you k over the sideways eight, what does it say?

Azkanan:

--- Quote from: Fossaman on January 04, 2010, 08:17:35 pm ---First off, constructed walls collapse into their constituent elements when collapsed.

Second, it sounds like you've hit an aquifer. If you k over the sideways eight, what does it say?

--- End quote ---

Brook.

Skorpion:
That's an empty brook tile. IIRC, they have infinite drainage power.

Azkanan:

--- Quote from: Skorpion on January 04, 2010, 08:24:57 pm ---That's an empty brook tile. IIRC, they have infinite drainage power.

--- End quote ---

Excellent. Now, what's this about Granite appearing from dug-out brooks? Default?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version