Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

POINT AND LAUGH.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nyxalinth:
<nelson muntz>

POINT AND LAUGH

I had a good fort going. Had some people die to goblins, but what else is new? I had more crap than any fort needed, just struck gold and pyrite, was melting gobbo crap right and left and making new things for my champions, the walls had cool engravings, etc.

Had another goblin attack.

One of my champions got zerg rushed and killed. He was friends with half the motherfarking fort.  Tantrum spiral ensued. When I finally abandoned, I was down to ten dwarves, three of whom were melancholy, two able-bodied, four resting, one child.

Started a brand new fort in the same region. Striking good stuff right and left. And tHEN, the most dreaded monster of all...

'Dwarf Fortress is Not Responding'

I hadn't yet saved, nor had the seasonal kicked in....

</nelson muntz

ungulateman:
40d16 won't work on my computer for some reason.

POINT AND LAUGH.

Blaze:
I once built a fort over a chasm, not only did it make it difficult to invade, but also makes it easier to dispose of the trash.

One Duke mandated 2 pig iron items, but without any remaining trees or coal, I was out of luck until the trade caravan came. So I figured I'd just off him; I walled him outside.

For once, the caravan actually comes in time, bringing over 100 logs with them. So I sent for someone to deconstruct the wall, but an oopsie in the planning caused a collapse; knocking the Duke and his would-be savior into the chasm.

Then the Duke's consort goes melancholy, and tosses herself AND her baby into the chasm. It turns out that the would-be savior was their daughter.

Their SON, on the other hand goes berserk and starts beating down the remaining 4 children. He succeeds in killing 3 of them before a champion hammerdwarf bashes him across a screen and into the chasm. The last badly hurt child goes melancholy and tosses himself into the chasm. (Un)Fortunately, It turns out all those children's parents died already, so no other tantrums happen.

And as a final insult, a snatcher was caught in a trap and killed.

Oh, and once I've finished trading with the humans, I dump 2 pig iron bars into the chasm.

Point. And. Laugh.

Doomshifter:
Magma man sitting at the bottom of the magma pipe, glaring at me because it can't swim the 20-odd z-levels to get to my dwarves.

POINT AND LAUGH

milaga:
Are you a Kurt Vonnegut fan by any chance?

Hi ho.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version