Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: "Astronaut: Moon Mars and Beyond" MMO  (Read 15843 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: "Astronaut: Moon Mars and Beyond" MMO
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 03:43:35 pm »

So, can we solve problems with guns in space as well?
There are no places where you can't solve your problems with guns.  If we ever find one, we should promptly blow it up.
Blow it up... with guns? :D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 03:44:22 pm »

What else?
Shoes...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 03:45:06 pm »

Bombs. Duh.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 03:58:49 pm »

So, can we solve problems with guns in space as well?

There are no places where you can't solve your problems with guns.  If we ever find one, we should promptly blow it up.

*Urist McCaptain fires his gun at the engines*

Urist McEngineer: Captain, why are you firing your pistol at the engines?

Urist McCaptain: They wont start god dang it!

Urist McEngineer: Oh no no no. Your going about it the wrong way. Here, let me take over, go have a cup of coffee.

Urist McCaptain: Alright, but if those arent started soon, we may get some angry folk at this here moon base.

*Urist McCaptain exits*

Urist McEngineer: Ok, it appears the engines wont start.....hmm....ah, I know what to do!

*Urist McEngineer exits into a near by closet*

*Urist McEngineer enters the stage with an arm full of red plastic explosives*

Urist McEngineer: This should do the trick. May Armok bless this C4.

*Urist McEngineer proceeds to arm the C4 near the engine's fission reactor*

Fin
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 04:02:14 pm »

Well just remember what a HORRIBLE DISSAPOINTMENT Spore was. I also suspect once this comes out and you get your hands on it it will become less magical. I saw an E rating. No being a pirate? DAMN!
Hello Hunam

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 05:53:34 pm »

So?  How does Spore's failure to live up to our (obscenely overinflated) expectations have anything to do with this?
Shoes...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »

Well just remember what a HORRIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT Spore was. I also suspect once this comes out and you get your hands on it it will become less magical. I saw an E rating. No being a pirate? DAMN!
ESRB ratings do not matter at all with online games. Hell, in a month I could probably get the opportunity to experience cybering on the moon, followed by going on a killing spree though penis shaped facilities.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 11:47:28 pm »

Man, I was at ISDC, and apparently I missed these guys.  Too bad; I would have loved to talk to them about how this is going to shape up.

And who says that a game rated E is only for grandmas and toddlers?  I personally believe that enjoyment is not solely dependent on sex, drugs, and violence (though they sure do help...).

Also, that forum they have is pitiful, and I mean that literally.  Looks like only the devs post.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:49:45 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 12:13:45 am »

some of my favorite MMOs are E-rated-ish - Puzzle Pirates and Lego Universe both deliver pretty satisfying game.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 12:43:35 am »

some of my favorite MMOs are E-rated-ish - Puzzle Pirates and Lego Universe both deliver pretty satisfying game.
Don't forget Nord!  :P
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 12:59:53 am »

Don't forget Nord!  :P

I almost had for a moment :P

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 01:11:36 am »

AMMB takes place in the year 2035.
Mankind has started settling the
Solar System.

Ambitious!

But, seriously:

Players will be able to receive real
course accreditation from ages 13-24!

Pick a profession like a roboticist, space geologist, astrobiologist, or mechanical engineer

"Since embarking on building Astronaut: Mars, Moon and Beyond for NASA, Daniel Laughlin has had many people ask him if videogames were just about blasting anything that moved. After all, how can something so banal and violent possibly teach us about the inner workings of the universe? The fact that he’s partnered up with Virtual Heroes, the maker of America’s Army, to build this ambitious MMOG does not necessarily help matters either, but Laughlin, project manager for NASA's Learning Technologies programme, actually embraces the connection. "

Article in Edge!
Submitted by admin on Thu, 11/12/2009 - 15:44

Not holding my breath for a fun game.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:29:02 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 04:02:47 am »

Is it just me, or did the graphical quality take a flying leap up the scale from those old videos?  Which is never a bad thing.  Realistic without being a system-hog by the looks of it.

That blurb sounds like a really overblown (and grammatically wonky) way of saying, "run around in a pseudo-first-person perspective completing little missions and chatting with people."  And there's nothing wrong with that.  Edutainment yeah, but at least it looks like it's being made with some heart behind it.  I like the wealth of toys and junk the players were dinking with, and what looks like virtually freeform base building.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 11:00:03 am »

Even if the game itself doesn't work like we want it to, we can still run around in Astro-suits and use our imaginations.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 11:05:30 am »

Even if the game itself doesn't work like we want it to, we can still run around in Astro-suits and use our imaginations.
"Hey, what does this button labeled 'Open helmet' do?" *presses button*
"Oh."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7