Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Chiped,Dented,Bent,Burnt,...

(1/2) > >>

Zulaf:
ripped,torn,scratched,cracked,warped,melted ect ect ectWould be nice if items got worn down differntly(and showed it) by the way it was used, instead of just how long they have been used for.Of course the value would go down(not sure if it goes down now) but at an appropriate amount for each type of damage it sustains. also if a sword or xbow got bent/warped it would be less accurate or do less damage.

Capntastic:
This'll probably go in when sullies and other such detaily things are in.   It'll be cool to have a giant crush you and leave nothing but shattered bones.

AlanL:
Yes, but depending on the type of metal, something such as a bent sword could be fixed relatively easily. This would have implications for repairing things if it's ever implemented.

Armok:
You forgot, amongst others;
compressed, crushed, split, mangled, knit (like those guns in some art), splinted, corroded, crumbled, smeared, spilled, spliced, flensed, boiled, fried, deformed, merged with (the cliff, or the tree, for example, mostly caused by teleporting, or something growing into something else), exploded, fossilized, dissembled, twisted and many more!I will trye to remember posting some more... spesifick examples later, I got one right now:
This is a dwarwen skeleton, it is merged whit the stalagmite, it is horribly deformed, it is badly fossilized, it is cracked.
the skeleton is wearing a steel platmail, it is badly corroded, it is wrapped, on the item is an image of an dwarf and a goblin in gold, the dwarf is striking down the goblin, the image is slightly scratched.

Anti-Paragon:
Gnawed, rusted, partially melted, infested, frayed, haggard, jaded, shabby...@ Armok: Mangled is already in there, and spliced suggests the item was genetically engineered.   :roll: I like this idea, but AlanL is right, these types of superficial touches are best left near the end.Don't forget this could be used for positive things too!  
"This is a *adamentine long sword*. It is honed. It is serrated."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version