Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can we make non-vermin creatures at custom workshops next version?  (Read 2259 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Can we make non-vermin creatures at custom workshops next version?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 11:08:30 am »

I hope this gets added sometime soon, fleshcrafting is the one thing holding back my Terratoma mod. :(

On the less horrific side of things, it'd be nice if you could say mod it so you could "milk" a chicken to get an egg, and either cook the egg or use it in a reaction at a hatchery workshop to get a baby chicken. Or any number of similar things.

On the flip side, reactions that require a living creature would also open a world of possibilities...like an altar workshop with a reaction that uses a dagger and an intelligent creature, mwaha...

I wonder if at least taming and butchery might be available to custom workshops. I suppose they're probably hard-coded, though.

[REAGENT:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
[REAGENT:1:CREATURE:USE_INTELLIGENT_CREATURE]

That would be awesome if I could add that to the smelter.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can we make non-vermin creatures at custom workshops next version?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 11:47:38 am »

I like the egg-hatchery thing....
Even in an un-modded game that could add some lovely depth to the game.

The miner hacks away at the gold vein, suddenly he hits a chunk of crystal... he keeps digging and breaks into a small chamber walled with crystal, inside is an egg....
Code: [Select]
*o*

You can keep the egg dormant or try to hatch it at the hatchery.
Maybe you get a pet dragon for your military to ride into battle or perhaps you release something ancient and evil which will force you to wall off the section of the fort leaving the creature locked inside to feed on the dwarfs who were too slow.

The fort is overrun by something else or falls to a tantrum spiral and the area which was abandoned.
Years later the fort is reclaimed by a party of dwarves.
They find a fort with areas walled off and inside those areas are crystal chambers wherever a dwarven bodies once lay.....
and inside each chamber....
an egg
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:49:19 am by HungryHobo »
Pages: 1 [2]