Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

One-way doors

(1/2) > >>

Bas Cost Budde:
Being a traffic control freak, I would love to be able to route the traffic through one-way alleys. I am unsure, however, how much that contributes to the game.(thinks)A room with an inwards-only door is a trap, in fact. Usable.

Fieari:
Of course, it wouldn't be perfect, because while the door is open things can slip through from the other side.

Entropy:
I've been keen on being able to set a door to one-way instead of just forbidding passage for a while now.My biggest impetus is loosing so many dwarfs to the hungry cave river flood.  Some forts have too many going across you cant always find a time where nobody is out there - so you have to choose who gets shut out.  Setting a one-way door would let them leave the river area but not let anyone walk out into the flood.

herrbdog:
quote:A room with an inwards-only door is a trap, in fact. Usable.There is a street, in Detroit, that is both one-way and a dead-end. They may have fixed that by now, I haven't lived there in a few years.[ March 25, 2007: Message edited by: herrbdog ]

Xeirxes:
I imagine the people who live there don't get out much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version