Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with in game manual  (Read 1535 times)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
Help with in game manual
« on: August 31, 2006, 10:14:00 pm »

The in game manual is currently pretty sparse and could use a reorganization as well. I am wondering if anyone in the community would like to right some articles that should be in there so we could submit them to Toady. The manual writing is time consuming and I'm sure Toady and ThreeToe could be doing better things.

Any problem with this Toady?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Help with in game manual
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 10:17:00 pm »

I would be glad to help out with writing item descriptions, which while not as helpful, would do a lot to make the game seem a lot more lively at this time.

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 10:38:00 pm »

I've acuatlly arleady suggested it, and uh, haven't really gone through with it yet, because no one seemed interested :[ Here's the thread: http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000499

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:34:00 am »

Eh, it's also time-consuming integrating articles and handling submissions -- not as time-consuming as writing the manual, but in terms of mental hours, for me, that's kinda how it works.  Now, the sparseness of the manual is due in part to me not catching up with X on irc (X is not the X bot from irc incidentally, but X on the forum), or me being on the phone instead of talking to X when X generously shows up.  As soon as the final format is in place, I'll be adding to the manual much more regularly (and we should also have an online version).  I have fun writing, and drawing, and doing music -- all of the peripherals are fun.  It's just my fault for not bumping into X properly, since I've been quite busy and X is in a way different time zone.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 12:55:00 am »

Alrighty Toady. Just remember you're not alone. Your fans love you  ;)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:50:00 am »

And that offer to help with item descriptions is always open!