Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Steampunk-ness

(1/8) > >>

dizzyelk:
How about a steam mechanic workshop, where my dwarves can build giant steam driven mechs? Arm 'em with the trap components, wander out, and slaughter those stupid elves with their wussy little bows. Of course, they would need an ungodly amount of metal for construction as well as coal or wood for fuel. But imagine when your steam mechanic gets a strange mode...

Lightning4:
quote:Urist Ironanvil has gone into a fey mood!
Urist Ironanvil has claimed a Mechanic's Workshop!
Urist Ironanvil has begun a mysterious construction!
Urist Ironanvil has created Arnold Schwarzenegger, a steel Terminator!But really, this idea has been put forward many times already, with pretty mixed results. Some people like the idea, but a lot of people think it would conflict with the DF world and simply would have no place.But with hope, this could be an optional feature in the game. I think magic, when it is put in, would be the same way.
This way, it appeals to everyone.It would be quite interesting if it went beyond it though. Basically, more mechanically oriented dwarves. Mechanics would see far more use and would be more than just another hauler. High quality mechanisms make for better operating equipment. Robotic defenses, mechanically operated and sealed doors, gigantic telescopes, mechanical drills for boring into the earth...

Felix the Cat:
Dwarves don't really seem steampunk to me. I always think of dwarves as very industrial and mechanical, but more inclined toward simpler constructions. Steampunk mechs would be better suited to gnomes/goblins.

jellyman:
Well you'd hope a fey steampunk dwarf would create terminator.  But knowing DF, its more likely a fey dwarf will create C3PO.  Menacing with spikes of plastic.

Capntastic:
I know some steam stuff might go in, but Toady's said he doesn't want to have random robots walking around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version