Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Star Wars: Dwarf Fortress [V0.5] Work in Dead  (Read 15107 times)

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Dwarf Fortress [V0.5] Work in Progress
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 04:40:14 pm »

Well, so would a custom mood, assuming that's even possible.

And Jedi ought to be rare.  In a galaxy of billions of sentients, the Jedi Order had a small enough population that its highest echelon was, what, twenty guys?

Force sensitives wouldn't be impossibly rare (probably one in a hundred humans, less for species that are rarely force sensitive like Hutts, more for species that are frequently Force Sensitive like...  whatever Yoda is or Kel Dor) but rare enough that finding one would be a boon.  We could probably add a small indicator, and perhaps have a way to artificially trigger the Jedi/Sith abilities...  Perhaps, like you said, a 'create lightsaber' reaction in a custom shop that also creates a small bit of gas that triggers the force powers but requires a rare crystal (with the various focusing crystals being reagents for different colors of lightsaber - Adegans make blue or green and are the most common, Synthetics can be made by consuming multiple lesser gems and always make red, and rarer crystals that exist at like, diamond rarity could pop up in Adegan clusters, allowing you to get rarer and more valuable colors like orange or purple) 

I don't think there's a way to make it so only Force Sensitives can make lightsabers, but they at least would have a greater rate of learning with them - if we attach it to an unused skill, we can lower that skill rate for other castes, reflecting the idea that lightsabers are clumsy for those not skilled in the force.  On the other hand, if we attach it to concentration, lightsabers are a great training weapon...  huh, perhaps we could include a 'make training lightsaber' reaction, where training lightsabers are considerably weaker but somewhat easier to produce (you can use any lesser gem to pump out a simple training lightsaber).  It wouldn't trigger Force Sensitives into full blown Sith/Jedi, but would allow you to train Concentration, which would theoretically make your soldiers better students as they master the intricate forms of lightsaber combat.

While it might not be possible to create custom moods, is it possible to tag a skill as moodable and set the mooded task to be creating a lightsaber?
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2013, 05:40:51 pm »

If no one minds I think I'll take a stab at redoing this, just don't get you hopes up untill you see a version 1, I may get side tracked ;)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 05:50:22 pm »

If no one minds I think I'll take a stab at redoing this, just don't get you hopes up untill you see a version 1, I may get side tracked ;)

Nobody minds and everyone encourages

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2013, 11:33:02 am »

Well the early prototype is going well. I am starting from a clean base, aka I removed everything that was not needed to make DF run, now I just need to add everything (that fits starwars) back a little at a time. So far the smuggler faction is the only one avalible and no weapons except the vibro-axe and drill are avalible. Raw candy is replaced with a placeholder and slade with "cast phrik" also a placeholder. There is only one kind of stone and one each of clay, sand, and normal dirt. For creatures there are humans (no special castes yet), mouse droids, one vermin (the rat), one above ground fish and one underground fish. Most of the work has gone into the crate system that I will use for embark goods and trade.

Outstanding problems are:
I need a way to make shure "blaster beams" are not recoverable.
I need starwwars themed creatures, I'll start a new thread about that.
I need a way to disable vanilla hardcoded buildings, can DFHack do that? If not there will be a lot of useless buildings in the workshop list.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:13:59 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 01:00:56 am »

Man, you still doing this? I would LOVE to see a major mod for Star Wars...

Think you are on the wrong track with some things though...

First a tile pack would be important...

Civilians should be mixed alien races... Starting with one Jedi and a Padawan and 5 civillians as rebellion and then an Emperor and his Apprentice with 5 slaves as well... Make force sensitivity nearly impossible with migrants and a chance to get a youngling born in your fort should give your noble jedi/sith an alert to either set the baby up as a youngling or begin training it as a "war dog" depending on faction... heh

Jedi and Sith should be titans depending who you are... If you are Empire... A titan attack should be a Jedi and vice versa... Forgotten beats could be Bounty Hunter attacks, rancor, etc for both sides...

Weapons...
Lightsabers and laser guns should require a gem and an ingot to make instead of just ingots...

Man seems like most everything is already in the game just needs renaming... Make elephants ridable and call em an AT-AT I guess, etc...

I could think of a lot more but I will stop here as I am not sure if this is an ongoing project or not... If not, I request someone to pick up the idea and run face first into a tree with it until your face feels no pain... Then you will truly be Sith!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »

Posting to watch.

This could be Fun.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]