Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

test mode for fortress: defense

(1/3) > >>

malkmus:
i don't know if this has been suggested before. many people have extremely well protected fortesses, and armies that can wipe out the goblins on the open field without problems (for example i only have 25 soldiers, but most of them are champions, and all of them are equipped with steel armor and weapons of highest quality - when the goblins besiege me i am able to destroy their army without losses).
when the siege mode works, it will only get easier to get rid of the goblins. my idea is to have some kind of catastrophe mode. an option to trigger an attack of an extremely powerful force (you could choose the size of the enemy army) - maybe 200 goblins with trolls and some supermonsters on their side. such an attack would be a challenge even for the most advanced fortress.

AlienChickenPie:
That would definitely be good. Like unleashing giant robots on your cherished SimCity metropolis, but with more severed limbs and vomit.

Quift:
quote:Originally posted by malkmus:
<STRONG>i don't know if this has been suggested before. many people have extremely well protected fortesses, and armies that can wipe out the goblins on the open field without problems (for example i only have 25 soldiers, but most of them are champions, and all of them are equipped with steel armor and weapons of highest quality - when the goblins besiege me i am able to destroy their army without losses).
when the siege mode works, it will only get easier to get rid of the goblins. my idea is to have some kind of catastrophe mode. an option to trigger an attack of an extremely powerful force (you could choose the size of the enemy army) - maybe 200 goblins with trolls and some supermonsters on their side. such an attack would be a challenge even for the most advanced fortress.</STRONG>Or even better, normal armies are more difficult than they are at present, and more problems arising from being cut of the exterior (such as not being able to farm, and food storage being more of a problem.)

Greiger:
Maybe choose the invading force as well.  Shouldn't have to be a civ.  What would be more dangerous?
100 Dragons
100 Giant Cave Spiders
100 2D Uberdemon(is that guy still in?)
2000 kittens
1 Wizard + 100 skeletons + All unburied dead reviving
100 Skeletal Giant Eagles(they can fly!)
1 Crash

Neskiairti:
isnt toady working on something about armies at the moment and completely abandoning how war works currently?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version