Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #6: Feedback  (Read 47286 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress Talk #6: Feedback
« on: January 08, 2010, 08:15:06 am »

The sixth one has been posted.

Any comments about the format, content, quality, etc. of the call are welcome.

The email system for questions seem to be working well enough for now.

Update:  mallocks has prepared the transcript
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:31:40 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #6: Feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:28:06 am »

^ Whoa.

Anywho, gonna give this a listen in the afternoon - I've never been interested in adventurer mode, so it'll be interesting to see if the future is more appealing

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:33:58 am »

Letters having their own tileset would be really nice. No more "@din L@ngwaters" (substitute "@" for some obscure symbol used somewhere in the game).
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:47:13 am »

Letters having their own tileset would be really nice. No more "@din L@ngwaters" (substitute "@" for some obscure symbol used somewhere in the game).

While I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss this, there is a utility for removing accented characters from the language files. It requires a re-gen of your world, but it works. Wiki link.

Cool to hear about the latest podcast, duno when I'll get a chance to listen to it, but I will.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:03:15 am »

This should be fun stuff. Adventure mode expanding has always been cool to me, if distant. It'll be good to hear what's what.

Edit: Long tracks don't work in Audiosurf.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:09:24 am by Haven »

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 12:00:57 pm »

Yay!You are well now Toady!Tonight I dreamed that I was playing df and was creating something like a hospital.I think that's a premonition!

EDIT: Also, I need transcripts soon, because of my newbieness in english, i just know to write, read and talk a bit, but I can't understand what other people say...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:03:26 pm by wilsonns »

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 12:03:38 pm »

Yay!You are well now Toady!Tonight I dreamed that I was playing df and was creating something like a hospital.I think that's a premonition!

Toady tells me he is still recovering, so we still need to be patient with him, because he's not totally up to speed yet.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

McWaffle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:04:48 pm »

Thanks for answering my question (re: enemy specific experience). I meant to leave this handle as my name, but apparently my email has my real name linked to it.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 12:05:18 pm »

Toady tells me he is still recovering, so we still need to be patient with him, because he's not totally up to speed yet.

At least he's getting better, which is great.
Just hope he doesn't push himself too hard and get sick again.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 12:52:22 pm »

Thanks for addressing my (fixed: ) e-mail  suggestion ;)!

Edit: "reply"? The heck? Must be the cold.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:58:31 am by Safe-Keeper »
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 12:55:12 pm »

Aww, I was sort of hoping there would be another challenge at the end. It'd make a nice addition to the podcasts. If you're worried about ideas, perhaps we could submit challenge ideas via email too.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 01:15:19 pm »

I loved the part about the elf doll.

"I'm eating you, I'm eating you!"

At any rate, this is exactly everything I wanted to hear about Adventure mode, which I play more often than Fort Mode. ;D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 01:26:23 pm »

Which because his illness lasted a bit more then a week it means that his recovery time will be a bit more then a week.

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 01:51:50 pm »

adventure mode is one of the things I can see such huge potential from. I hope one day we can start an adventurer and grow them up in their home time with the aim of taking a band of your friends to go out and set up a camp that eventually turns into fortress mode, where u can eventually take control of your adventurer again and move around the fortress as if it was just a random city and interact with people, maybe order people to craft you specific items in person. I personally would love to see the kind of fable style, start as a young man from a random family and you grow up as it moves along. I think you'd get some of the best stories by doing things this way.
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 02:02:07 pm »

WHOOOOO yeah! I was hoping to have this to listen to on the bus but better late then never! *Goes to listen*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5