Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Surrender  (Read 10892 times)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Re: Surrender
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 05:20:39 pm »

If this feature were implemented, I'd probably send out a steel-clad legendary swordmaster with an adamantine or mastercrafted steel blade to negotiate.

Hi! F* you.
==swishing and chopping sounds, followed by a rain of soggy-sounding thuds==
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 06:51:55 pm »

Enemies should probably figure out that your fortress is given to treachery and stop letting your armored death machines into their negotiating pavilion.

Nobody is going to listen to you if you shout "Parley! Parley!" and then start shooting all the time.

A prolonged pattern of dishonorable behavior should impact other civs, as well. Even civs that don't respect parley themselves should realize that you can't be trusted.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 07:58:01 pm »

your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

I'd probably send out a steel-clad legendary swordmaster with an adamantine or mastercrafted steel blade to negotiate.
If that was a practical approach then you probably wouldn't be negotiating, and it would probably be one negotiator against a squad or two of archers in firing squad formation. If you are negotiating with them not to kill you then they get to set the terms of the meeting. This time you are walking into their trade depot...

Looks like someone still wasn't pleased even after you did the proper search, Footkerchief. It's ironic, but too upsetting to be entertaining.
Sure, the thread is redundant, but it is here now and mildly entertaining and if people want to talk about it then they might come up with some new ideas. Still everyone, please use the search function before posting in this topic.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2]