Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Community Tower...  (Read 2802 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Tower...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 10:57:01 am »

Unfortunately, I have become far too busy to work on this now. I may restart this later, but for now I simply can't. :(
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 09:05:30 am »

Bump for the sake of restart  ;D

I am Rakust Factioncrypts, one of only two "volunteers" worth speaking of sent to the edge of hell itself (although I admit the name of the river we are settled on is amusing, if not a bit ominous).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The other is a query of a man named “Senoir Manos De Piedras” Knifeblots.(I’m sure his name has a deeper meaning but I can’t place it.)

He’s a miner, although he wont be of much service considering we are ordered to “build a monumental Tower at the edge of our lands to scare the piss outta them goblins.”Pff! scare a goblin?! The only tower that scares a goblin is one that overlooks a pool of nice hot magma…now theres an idea.

Regardless, I guess the dumb bastard who finds this will want an explanation as to why we are here. Aside from me and mister knifeblots, everyone here is a part of a group that was “attempting” to overthrow the government. (truth be known: they were just more competent then the council and were removed before everyone realized it.) I had signed up to lead an expedition for our minor empire (located far to the south no less) to aid our expansion. Now, I run a glorified prison. Poor manos only wanted to see our empire expand as well, and now he shares my fate. Oh well when life gives one plump helmets, I suppose she is expected to make Dwarven wine.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:04:28 pm by Exiledhero99 »
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 09:03:59 pm »

i wanting to join in as Uthrand the blight wrangler im a Miner/Macedwarf/Mason
my guys is brave loyal and smart he thinks things over before he does it and does require some beer to get through the day :D
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 12:30:20 am »

I will be glassmaker. My skill of glassmaking will be the awesomesauce.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 10:57:18 am »

I guess I'll sign up here as well if you have any extra dwarves.

Lets go for a woodcutter/carpenter, Kness(either gender is fine. :))
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 12:01:45 am »

1st, Granite Year 201

Started excavation of two hills, one sand and one rock, in order to make room for a base of operations and get stone for temporary workshops. Manos led the other miner and woodworker to the site while I stayed behind and helped pack things up the hill after them. He seems optimistic about this, which is surprising to say the least considering everyone else wants to take an axe to either the king or themselves. And to think we’ve only just arrived.
{Personal note: once things get settled here, start looking through old texts to find the meaning of Senior Manos De Pierdas’ name.}

18th, Slate Year 201

Finally! After one month the first stone towards my beautiful creation has been laid.

I’ve also been planning a system to pump magma into the furnace once we find some…now if I were to….no that wouldn’t work…but if I…no the whole thing would collapse that wall…
{Personal Note: We need Bauxite.}

24th, Hematite Year 201

We’ve built a Craftsdwarf shop, although I don’t know what we’ll use to make them. I now also understand why the goblins do not build into the mountain as we do. Why they enslave the other races of the world. This is long and tiring with only seven dwarves who must self sustain the site and construct the tower. Damn, we need immigrants.

15th, Malachite Year 201

Two notes of interest. 1: I’m postponing magma pumping indefinetly. 2: I’ve started to learn the names of the people I lead. Our woodcutter (named Kness apparently) was in an argument with our craftsdwarf over why he shouldn’t be on break. Really, I see no problem in itthe trees do not obstruct us at this point and nothing of note is needed to be made…except for trade goods…should never have sided with him…

22nd, Malachite Year 201

I cut Kness a deal when he woke up from his nap under a highwood tree today. If he finished cutting down all the trees inside the walls of our tower he could go hunting with that big axe. I think he almost fainted in excitement.

4th, Galena Year 201

Watched Kness run across the brook and onto the mountain chasing what looked like a cute innocent groundhog. Meat is meat I suppose. Where is that butcher?

22nd, Galena Year 201

Kness chased a horse into the under-construction wall, threw it to the ground, ripped out part of its gut, watched it vomit, and ran off…I would say he is mentally unsound but he’s not overseeing the construction of a dwarven tower….is it possible to drown oneself in a brook?

23rd, Galena Year 201

No it’s not.

24th, Galena Year 201

We heard a horrible scream come from the mountain and Kness is nowhere to be seen. I’m building a casket and then I’m going to look for him. And it gets worse, Manos almost went berserk on the spot when we heard the scream. Apparently the poor bastard had made a friend, now he only has the miner.

1st, Limestone Year 201

Still no goods. Manos decided to be the one to go collect Kness. I told him to go dig a small tomb behind the tower base in the hole and we would have it smoothed later. He just nodded his head silently and left. Perhaps I didn’t try hard enough with the brook a couple months back.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 09:28:48 am »

how... nice. ;/ Hunting is bad, mmkay, especially with just an axe and no armor and no skill whatsoever. As soon as I read you sent him hunting, I knew he was dead.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

the intention was for him to rend a bunch of groundhogs in twain for bone for crafts, but i forgot to make him stop. Now I'm just curious as to why the horse ran for about 15 minutes before turning around and kiling him   ???
Pages: 1 [2]