Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Judgment call...what should the 0.2.2 release trigger be?

Drop-dead March 30th.  Flatfile listing of items in-game is fine.
- 1 (50%)
Socrates' Daimon should generate an item spoiler web page system, not just this flatfile listing.
- 1 (50%)
Socrates' Daimon should generate a flatfile listing of monsters, in addition to items.
- 0 (0%)
Socrates' Daimon should generate both item and monster web pages.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: March 29, 2020, 08:29:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Cataclysm:Z  (Read 11976 times)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm:Z
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2020, 11:44:04 am »

Short-term, Socrates-Daimon.exe (Socrates' Daimon) is where the buildout of the automatic documentation generation is.  The game will be played through cataclysm.exe indefinitely.

I am not averse to moving *all* of the wish-mode options into an external program, but that program is not Socrates' Daimon (intent is more static analysis of the game).

EDIT re lack of ammo from military crash site...three a priori possibilities to check for.

• I can check for an archaic vsprintf crash if the save directory is PM'ed.  Won't actually fix anything, however.
  • Having Socrates' Daimon verify that ammo exists in-game is "in scope" for this release cycle (won't fit in drop-dead but the other three options can have it).
  • Having Socrates' Daimon sanity-check map chunk and map special generation is "out of scope" for this release.  (The restructuring required to do map generation outside of game object control, is extensive.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:25:34 pm by zaimoni »

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »

Poll results are in.  Between the poll results and in-thread comments, I will interpret this as "ship 0.2.3 with item browser web pages on hard drive".

Moved out of the shelter without talking to the npc there , and went north east finding very close to the shelter a bunch of corpses, military from the equipment i looted on them.
was wielding a m203 launcher but no ammo for it, then found a m4a1 that i decided to wield thinking one of the ammo stack i looted would fit.
Looks like the inherited map extra generation doesn't actually guarantee this.

Agreed that there is a potential bug here at the map extra generation stage here (I'm fine with empty guns, not fine with issuing irrelevant ammo.)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Today at 01:18:04 am »

Checkpoint: 6 of 13 required item category pages are handled by Socrates' Daimon, as of "tonight's" push to GitHub.  They do have a left navigation menu.

I'm unclear on how far to push map special adjustments (restructuring to allow postprocessing is in place, but haven't actually built out the postprocessing.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]