Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1346

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2702511 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #15390 on: October 01, 2014, 01:56:34 am »

That makes a bit more sense I suppose.

I ended up vaporizing the martian NPR with a max tech spacemaster empire. It was a pain in the ass to micromanage destroying all their 50 ships and cleaning up the wrecks, especially when my salvage ships would target the same wreck and generate a bunch of errors if another ship got it first. I still don't know why the game created that NPR. Even if I hit the "Make Empire" button by accident it defaults to a player race, not an NPR.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: October 03, 2014, 04:57:05 am »

Is there a way to make the game autofocus on something besides a star? It's really annoying to run a battle by clicking 5 second, scrolling over to where the action is, evaluating the situation, clicking 5 seconds, scrolling over to where the action is, evaluating the situation, repeat.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15392 on: October 03, 2014, 06:12:24 am »

Yeah, you can focus on a TG, just double-click on it I think.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: October 03, 2014, 12:59:47 pm »

All right, I'm really confused now. I had a 1000 ton craft (which I've designated a "bomber") as a cheap missile launch platform. I have a PDC base for the purpose of housing it (1 per bomber), and it's worked swimmingly (indeed, it's proven hugely helpful due to the very large fuel tanks I put on it, as my jump survey ships tend to stay out just long enough to run out of fuel halfway to Earth, and the bombers can easily fly out and transfer enough fuel for the ship to come home.) Well, I've been researching reduced-size missile launchers, and the armament is now obsolete. So I replaced the class with a 1000 ton craft mounting heavier missile launchers (2x size 10 instead of 3x size 5) and slightly more fuel. I can't get it to land at the base, as the "land" button is greyed out. I've scrapped the B-1 design, so there's nothing docked in the base, and it's the exact same size. What am I missing?
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: October 03, 2014, 03:19:39 pm »

I think you have to specify what kind of ship can use the hangar space somewhere in the carrier ship's F5 entry. It's not on the design page you assign fuel tanks and such I think, but all this post is from memory only. I could be misremembering it all or confusing it with ammunition.

I think your pdc is set to only allow the obsolete bomber. I don't know if you'll need to copy and refit the design but I don't think so.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: October 03, 2014, 03:51:31 pm »

You don't define parasites there (you can set preferred fighter groups, but not larger ships, and you're not obligated to follow them, just like the magazine assignments in the same window), and my fighters will happily launch from the fighter base and land at the bomber base. Once I did that to each strip, and then had them land at the fighter strip, my bombers happily landed. So it appears that in a sense you were right about the strip being "stuck", but it was a bug rather than a design issue, and the fighter cleared it somehow.

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: October 03, 2014, 03:57:08 pm »

Posting for later reference

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: October 03, 2014, 03:59:34 pm »

You scrapped the old bombers while they were still in the hanger? I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: October 03, 2014, 04:20:02 pm »

You scrapped the old bombers while they were still in the hanger? I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

No, I launched them first. I expected a bug to crop up if I didn't.

JOKER_G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15399 on: October 07, 2014, 11:38:13 pm »

Ver 6.43

Encountered a serious bug. Ended the processes of Aurora when I clicked "Auto turns" incorrectly, which I have done many times without any problem. Then the window of "Events update" can't be displayed. Restarted the game several times, but it doesn't help.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:33:13 am by JOKER_G »

JOKER_G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15400 on: October 09, 2014, 12:12:09 am »

Would anyone help?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15401 on: October 09, 2014, 12:17:50 am »

Probably the sort of thing to report on the Aurora forums, if you haven't done so already.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JOKER_G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15402 on: October 09, 2014, 02:57:49 am »

Probably the sort of thing to report on the Aurora forums, if you haven't done so already.

Reported. Waiting for replys, but probably here are someone could help.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15403 on: October 09, 2014, 03:24:07 am »

Reported. Waiting for replys, but probably here are someone could help.
Theres an option somewhere to reset window positions, have you tried that?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15404 on: October 09, 2014, 08:40:03 am »

Before I put it into production, is there anything fundamentally wrong with this design?

Code: [Select]
Farseer class Scout    9,000 tons     215 Crew     1608.4 BP      TCS 180  TH 720  EM 0
4000 km/s     Armour 1-38     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/180/0/0     Damage Control Rating 9     PPV 0
Maint Life 3.01 Years     MSP 1005    AFR 72%    IFR 1%    1YR 167    5YR 2499    Max Repair 630 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months    Spare Berths 3   

DU-LC-01 (1)    Power 720    Fuel Use 38.5%    Signature 720    Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 2,500,000 Litres    Range 129.9 billion km   (375 days at full power)

SR-SC-01 (1)     GPS 63000     Range 378.0m km    Resolution 100
EM-SC-01  (1)     Sensitivity 180     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  180m km

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

The intended purpose is to either be paired with an armed jumpship for investigating unexplored jump points (to find out if there's any colonies or warships in the system) or later on to provide long-range sensor support as part of a larger fleet.
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1346