Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1346

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2705087 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #15630 on: January 22, 2015, 12:31:39 pm »

well the wiki says "Military jump engines cannot open jump points for civilian vessels, and vice versa.", but I think I remember military being able to transport both. Thanks.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: January 22, 2015, 12:47:30 pm »

Uhhhh... Unless there was a HUGE change the difference between that making a jump drive civilian does is make it bigger, cheaper and reduce the secondary characteristics (size of squad and jump distance).  No other restrictions, otherwise civilian jump tenders would be useless for moving my military ships like I've been doing since forever.

Also military jump drives count as civilian for ship construction, so you can have military drives on civ ships.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: January 22, 2015, 08:48:47 pm »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm getting error 713 and cannot open the system map! Please help!

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: January 22, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »

You're missing a required .dll file. There's a solution to it in the bottom of the OP of this thread, a thousand pages ago.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15634 on: January 22, 2015, 09:55:15 pm »

You're missing a required .dll file. There's a solution to it in the bottom of the OP of this thread, a thousand pages ago.

1) It does not say that this is for error 713
2) That fix is 4 years old
3) The fix was for windows 7 or vista, I'm windows 8
4) It didn't work anyway

EDIT: Found a fix! Had to download a program called simple shutdown timer in order to get it's .dll file.....so weird.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:05:40 pm by Micro102 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: January 23, 2015, 03:00:59 pm »

Ok, another question. I built terraforming installations on Earth. How do I transport them to mars?

I tried making cargo ships pick up terraforming components but they cannot.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: January 23, 2015, 03:03:11 pm »

Freighters should be able to move terraforming installations, unless I'm misremembering. They're just huge and it will often take multiple trips to move a single one.

Most people use orbital terraformers, both because the installations are so hard to move and because they take a massive number of workers to operate.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: January 23, 2015, 04:14:09 pm »

Yep. Terraforming installations are one of the things that can't be fit in a single cargo hold. IIRC a normal cargo hold will carry 1/5th of one, so you'll need more trips.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: January 23, 2015, 04:33:24 pm »

Yep. Terraforming installations are one of the things that can't be fit in a single cargo hold. IIRC a normal cargo hold will carry 1/5th of one, so you'll need more trips.
No, not more trips. I cannot even begin to transport them. I select "load terraforming installation component" and it keeps saying that it fails. Do I need a certain number of cargo holds? I have 3 transports each other 5 cargo holds.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: January 23, 2015, 04:45:00 pm »

I use civilian transport to transport things around, much less hassle compared to doing it manually. Set Earth to supply the # of installations, and your colony to receive a # and the civvies will transport it on their own.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: January 23, 2015, 04:50:55 pm »

I use civilian transport to transport things around, much less hassle compared to doing it manually. Set Earth to supply the # of installations, and your colony to receive a # and the civvies will transport it on their own.
Would, but all my civs have so far is a luxury liner.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: January 23, 2015, 05:06:13 pm »

No, not more trips. I cannot even begin to transport them. I select "load terraforming installation component" and it keeps saying that it fails. Do I need a certain number of cargo holds? I have 3 transports each other 5 cargo holds.
That sounds like it might be a different issue. No idea what, but I've not had any trouble transporting labs (which have the same size difference) in my current campaign with freighters with standard 25,000t holds in pieces. What's the exact message you get when you try to load them? Where are your freighters relative to Earth (different system? &c.)? What sequence of orders are you giving your freighters?

Alternatively just wait and do this. Or, even easier, make terraforming ships, which both benefit from captains with the correct bonus and don't need a colonist population to operate.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: January 23, 2015, 06:50:12 pm »

And go with the route quite a few of us go and just throw a orbital hab on your terraformer and make it build-able with factories.  Also make it with 50 terraformers.  Then copy the design for a fleet of fuel harvesters.

Also: are you telling them to pick up terraformer installations, or terraformer components?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: January 24, 2015, 02:51:20 am »

I am telling them to pick up terraform installation components, as there is no option to pick up terraforming installations. Yes I have terraforming installations.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: January 24, 2015, 04:43:16 am »

What's the exact message you get when you try to load them?
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1346