Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1346

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2704963 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #19185 on: March 31, 2018, 02:19:09 pm »

you can use the organization tab to move the ship to another task group, then select this task grup add the orders you need and as last order have it join the original task group

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19186 on: April 01, 2018, 09:41:41 am »

Ugh, Wacomy tablet drivers make this game basically unplayable because of a bug... I guess no Aurora for me.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: April 01, 2018, 09:47:38 am »

Ugh, Wacomy tablet drivers make this game basically unplayable because of a bug... I guess no Aurora for me.
I think if you gave any details at all you'd have more chance of someone maybe being able to help. What bug?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: April 01, 2018, 08:51:09 pm »

How do I get rid of the event "task group failed to load [for example] infrastructure. Please reschedule the orders for this fleet"? What am I doing wrong that causes this to happen?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: April 01, 2018, 08:56:33 pm »

Check the cargo storage on the fleet. This usually happens when orders get borked and the ships didn't unload the last load. Or were designed without cargo bays.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: April 02, 2018, 04:21:38 am »

Or you ran out of whatever was being hauled and didn't build any new items before the haulers tried to pick up the buildings. I sometimes deliberately allow that to happen (such as removing infrastructure from a sufficiently terraformed colony).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #19192 on: April 04, 2018, 07:41:49 pm »

Just in case you're trying to get infrastructure from the private sector, only private cargo ships can load and haul that at first. Once it's been delivered it then becomes state property at the destination and you can haul it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: May 06, 2018, 06:54:58 pm »

any update on aurora 2?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: May 06, 2018, 07:02:38 pm »

any update on aurora 2?

The C# total rewrite of Aurora is alive and gets a couple of dev updates a month, check it out on the official aurora forums, its looking pretty great
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: May 08, 2018, 02:26:30 pm »

any update on aurora 2?

The C# total rewrite of Aurora is alive and gets a couple of dev updates a month, check it out on the official aurora forums, its looking pretty great
The development of C# Aurora is alive, not C# Aurora yet. Give it a few more months, again.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: May 09, 2018, 11:00:44 am »

I'm a little bit of a noobie at the moment, but it's very fufilling to set up my first laser cruiser and send them through the wormhole to avenge my destroyed survey ship.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: May 09, 2018, 03:51:53 pm »

Good luck. Looking forward to hearing about how the combat went.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: May 09, 2018, 04:39:35 pm »

I have a suspicion that the result will be a noble sacrifice revealing any design flaws in the cruiser and the quantity of hostiles, their speed, tonnage and range. I know thats what happened with my first cruiser design although I did recover the cruisers before sending in the next wave (including the refitted cruisers).

Best case scenario is a lone hostile missile destroyer that cannot overwhelm the cruiser's PD and then gets mauled by lasers. Well, thats one of the best case scenarios anyway.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: May 10, 2018, 03:44:55 am »

any update on aurora 2?

The development of C# Aurora is alive, not C# Aurora yet. Give it a few more months, again.

I'm still slowly working on Pulsar4X too, though since Steve started developing C# Aurora, it's become less of a clone of Aurora and trying to go its own way.
it's been an interesting learning experience, and I've ended up throwing a lot of my code away and trying something else. right now I'm looking at SDL & a C# version of Dear IMGUI and seeing if that's going to solve a lot of the problems that trying to do it with a reactive gui presented. (and also look a lot nicer).
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1346