Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 1346

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2705300 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #19200 on: May 10, 2018, 05:47:37 am »

Uh... laser cruiser is dead, I dont think I properly configured the lasers to be PD, not completely sure, but maybe next time I'll go at it right because this time they are 100% absolutely correct.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #19201 on: May 10, 2018, 06:14:52 am »

Train your crew! One minute reaction time is eternal when each 5 second increment may be lethal. Any change you make in combat between targeting and fire control is subject to a delay*

*Unless you disable it.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19202 on: May 10, 2018, 02:24:40 pm »

Uh... laser cruiser is dead, I dont think I properly configured the lasers to be PD, not completely sure, but maybe next time I'll go at it right because this time they are 100% absolutely correct.
If you post the design others may have a look and maybe spot something, too
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19203 on: May 10, 2018, 05:07:02 pm »

I have a feeling I might be facing something rather dangerous and tough... And my best ship is this:
Code: [Select]
Reaper class Fighter    492 tons     3 Crew     49.8 BP      TCS 9.84  TH 35  EM 0
3556 km/s     Armour 1-5     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 3
Maint Life 0 Years     MSP 0    AFR 98%    IFR 1.4%    1YR 4    5YR 63    Max Repair 9 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 0.1 months    Spare Berths 1   

8.75 EP Nuclear Thermal Engine (4)    Power 8.75    Fuel Use 280.76%    Signature 8.75    Exp 17%
Fuel Capacity 10 000 Litres    Range 1.3 billion km   (4 days at full power)

10cm C3 Infrared Laser (1)    Range 20 000km     TS: 3556 km/s     Power 3-3     RM 1    ROF 5        3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Fire Control S00.2 10-1000 (FTR) (1)    Max Range: 20 000 km   TS: 4000 km/s     50 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pebble Bed Reactor Technology PB-1 (1)     Total Power Output 3    Armour 0    Exp 5%

Active Search Sensor MR0-R10 (1)     GPS 50     Range 790k km    Resolution 10

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and maintenance purposes
Spoilers came to visit me, so far all that has shown up is 3200t craft with seemingly no combat ability but moved at 7875kms. Likely just scouts but didn't seem to have active sensors either and all of them spawned in the Sol system and were heading for the jump point, or at least it looked like that.

I have a feeling this will be a bumpy ride even with 110 Reapers and more in production, what do you guys reckon? Doable or not?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19204 on: May 11, 2018, 12:48:59 am »

• So you have maintenance turned off, right? Otherwise these won't last long.
  • You don't have to have active sensor on every Reaper. FCs yes, but ASs are shared across all your ships so you can move it to some other ship. Put more fuel or try to fit in bit bigger FC - it won't be able to shoot further but it will shoot more precisely.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19205 on: May 11, 2018, 03:57:03 am »

Yeah Maintenance is off, it gets annoying especially for fighters over planets because maintenance yards won't maintain them.
They don't really need more fuel, the jump point is 217m km approx from earth and they rarely spend more than 2 days out.
As for higher precision, lowest hit chance I've seen vs those hostiles was 61% at point blank, they could have a bigger FC yeah but only on models without sensors and maybe extra fuel.
The sensor is 0.5HS, FC is 0.25HS, I would see a 10k km range boost on the weapon with a longer range FC but thats at least 0.4HS instead.

I do plan on having a long stay mobile hanger closer to the jump point which could carry the AS (so I can ambush any attacker that has jumpshock) but its missing some sensors and would take about two years to build I think. When I said that fighter was my best ship I also meant there aren't any other warships. That may change soonish with the shipyard approaching 11000t per slipway and a much larger FC for heavy ships (S08 40-8000).
The next version of the Reaper will be better I know, smaller powerplant for the same performance, better engines etc. but those are a while away, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have two variants, one with a sensor and the other with more fuel and bigger FC.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19206 on: May 16, 2018, 10:41:10 am »

What module do I need to have on a ship so that it can rescue the survivors of wrecks? I'm trying to build a combined salvager/rescue ship.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19207 on: May 16, 2018, 10:45:55 am »

You need more crew space than the vessel itself requires. For instance, if the vessel requires 10 crewmen, to rescue the crew of a warship you might want 110+ bunks or whatever they're called (man I haven't started this game for a while).
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19208 on: May 16, 2018, 10:49:23 am »

Keep excess Q and add some extra crew quarters. Keep adding till you have the desired excess.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19209 on: May 16, 2018, 10:55:47 am »

Spare crew quarters will help. Otherwise, any ship can pick up survivors.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19210 on: May 16, 2018, 11:00:43 am »

Also, my two-slipway 6500-capacity naval shipyard refuses to retool to anything but one class. What am I doing wrong?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19211 on: May 16, 2018, 11:03:07 am »

Do you have any non fighter/PDC 6500t or smaller designs? if not there lies the problem.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19212 on: May 16, 2018, 11:08:20 am »

Also, my two-slipway 6500-capacity naval shipyard refuses to retool to anything but one class. What am I doing wrong?

No matter the number of slipways in a shipyard, a shipyard can only be tooled to one ship. More slipways just allow you to build more than one of the tooled ship at the same time. You can, however, design ships of a similar tonnage and build cost that can be tooled for one or the other and still be able to build either. Though I've forgotten the specific requirements for this.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19213 on: May 16, 2018, 03:40:28 pm »

What module do I need to have on a ship so that it can rescue the survivors of wrecks? I'm trying to build a combined salvager/rescue ship.
Just more crew space than the crew of the ship itself needs.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19214 on: May 17, 2018, 12:35:30 am »

Just more crew space than the crew of the ship itself needs.
I believe you can also use Emergency Cryogenic Bays. I like to put one or two of those on all my warships so I don't have to worry about overcrowding.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 1346