Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 1346

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2673039 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #19515 on: April 13, 2020, 11:45:01 pm »

As long as you have A.) infrastructure on the planet, and B.) cargo shuttle (which you do!) they should unload.

Make sure you have the right kind of infrastructure and/or that the planet is designated as a colony before trying to colonize it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: April 13, 2020, 11:46:09 pm »

Did you actually load the ship? That's an easy thing to miss.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: April 13, 2020, 11:58:22 pm »

Okay so I just tried out the carrier survey thing. Launched my survey parasites and they are moving at 1km/s even though their engines should make them go 5876 km/s. I've tried using 'set speed' to change the speed, and even used the 'if not going max speed then go max speed' conditionals but no dice.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: April 14, 2020, 12:36:03 am »

Make sure they're in detached fleets. They may be getting something from the carrier.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: April 14, 2020, 08:50:08 am »

Um....do they have fuel?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19520 on: April 14, 2020, 09:14:10 am »

He did say they are moving, just not at the correct speed

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19521 on: April 14, 2020, 03:40:53 pm »

Okay so I just tried out the carrier survey thing. Launched my survey parasites and they are moving at 1km/s even though their engines should make them go 5876 km/s. I've tried using 'set speed' to change the speed, and even used the 'if not going max speed then go max speed' conditionals but no dice.

Show us what you got!

Also, while surveying I think the ships don't move, if you launched them right on top of the body to be surveyed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: April 14, 2020, 05:34:34 pm »

Just started with 1.3. I was about to post about how much I hate the new class design window due to having to switch between seeing the list of available components and list of components on the ship class. Then I noticed the button labeled "Wide View" which makes both visible.

I also just remembered how bad I am at ship design, yay.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: April 14, 2020, 05:46:38 pm »

I made something really stupid. I think the starting commercial shipyards are too beeg.

Code: [Select]
Workhorse class MultiService Commercial Vessel      95,997 tons       160 Crew       2,045.4 BP       TCS 1,920    TH 400    EM 0
208 km/s      Armour 1-186       Shields 0-0       HTK 534      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 2,013    Max Repair 100 MSP
Cargo 50,000    Cryogenic Berths 50,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 2   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months   

Rice Engines Limited Commercial Atomodrive (4)    Power 400    Fuel Use 11.18%    Signature 100    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 24,720,000 Litres    Range 413.9 billion km (23031 days at full power)
Refuelling Capability: 50,000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 494 hours

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19524 on: April 14, 2020, 05:52:31 pm »

*Sigh*, I have tall monitors, not wide ones. The design screen is already wider than my monitor. Wide screen mode almost covers both my monitors...
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: April 14, 2020, 06:07:43 pm »

I made something really stupid. I think the starting commercial shipyards are too beeg.

Code: [Select]
Workhorse class MultiService Commercial Vessel      95,997 tons       160 Crew       2,045.4 BP       TCS 1,920    TH 400    EM 0
208 km/s      Armour 1-186       Shields 0-0       HTK 534      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 2,013    Max Repair 100 MSP
Cargo 50,000    Cryogenic Berths 50,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 2   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months   

Rice Engines Limited Commercial Atomodrive (4)    Power 400    Fuel Use 11.18%    Signature 100    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 24,720,000 Litres    Range 413.9 billion km (23031 days at full power)
Refuelling Capability: 50,000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 494 hours

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

So, your plan is that you will never need to refuel it?  At least it should keep your fleet moving.  Please tell me you clicked "tanker" when you designed it...

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: April 14, 2020, 06:09:22 pm »

50K cargo space isn't very much or a good number, neither is 50k cry berths.

125k cargo space will fit 5 mines, 5 basic factories or 1 large thing.  Like research labs and terraforming installations.  So I run 5 ships with 25 cargo space in groups or wait until I can just build 200k sized cargo ships with 125k cargo.

Also that is slow and underengined.  At that size I would fit 10 engines.

Cargo, colony, and refueling all on one ships seems so horribly inefficient.  I guess you could use it to set up a forward resupply base.  It just won't bring enough cargo or people to do it alone.

If you design ships close enough you can tool a yard and build multiple ships classes from it.  I design my colony ship as a clone of my cargo ship just with the cargo swapped with the same tonnage of cryo.  They're close enough that a yard tooled for the colony ship can make the cargo ship.  Currently there doesn't seem to be an indicator of this in C# Aurora but it does work.

Also the starting yards are tiny to me.  Continual expansion to 200k for some of the commercial yards.  Also a navy yard if I want to do stupid carrier stuff.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: April 14, 2020, 06:30:34 pm »

Replacing the cargo and most of the fuel on that design with cryo makes it unbuildable. It also gives 350K berths, which is more than you can easily fit on a lot of colonies in the early game - this is starting tech. More engines would cut into capacity, and there's not much need for fast freighters.

200K bulk carriers is reasonable - in the midgame. I just don't think you should be able to start with nearly hundred kiloton freighters.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: April 14, 2020, 06:53:11 pm »

Yet another patch has been released. I'm both glad for the bug fixes, but am also a bit annoyed because I can't actually seriously start a campaign without feeling like I'm missing out on something due to all these patches.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: April 14, 2020, 08:49:13 pm »

I have an old version of this with the portable installer and never got into it, is this C# version stable enough yet that I can try getting into this again with it? Is the install easier with this version as well?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 1346