Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303]

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 1685769 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #19530 on: June 04, 2018, 06:40:50 pm »

Unless, of course, the only way to convince them that their goals are untenable is to crush the enemy and enslave their entire population. But, you know, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few empires.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • Not having personal text in currentyear
    • View Profile
    • Realtalk for a second
« Reply #19531 on: July 10, 2018, 01:12:14 pm »

Well, more they'll dictate their demands. Watch them demand that a vitally important hub between Sol and the rest of your empire needs to remain empty.
I mean whatever, my SOP was already a coinflip between total extermination or enslavement, so any change is positive change.

Also, going by one of Steve's more recent posts, it sounds like he's tweaked empire AI to stop spamming JP gates everywhere and not suicide endless quantities of commercial shipping into contested systems.

Cake
Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: July 10, 2018, 05:09:28 pm »

Well, more they'll dictate their demands. Watch them demand that a vitally important hub between Sol and the rest of your empire needs to remain empty.
I mean whatever, my SOP was already a coinflip between total extermination or enslavement, so any change is positive change.

Also, going by one of Steve's more recent posts, it sounds like he's tweaked empire AI to stop spamming JP gates everywhere and not suicide endless quantities of commercial shipping into contested systems.

Aww... But raiding the enemy was so easy with a free highway to their homeworld.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Epicfaillord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19533 on: July 10, 2018, 08:22:39 pm »

Aww... But raiding the enemy was so easy with a free highway to their homeworld.

If your military ships have jump ships in their squadrons it doesn't matter whether there are jump gates or not. I just build gates on everything with civilian or industrial presence and have my military, scouts, and survey ships use jump drives.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: July 10, 2018, 09:55:15 pm »

If your military ships have jump ships in their squadrons it doesn't matter whether there are jump gates or not. I just build gates on everything with civilian or industrial presence and have my military, scouts, and survey ships use jump drives.

Yeah but now I'll have to look harder.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19535 on: July 11, 2018, 03:48:09 pm »

You're forgetting the most important part: culling civilians.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."

Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303]